Buying my first set of regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eod

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am planning to buy my first set of equipment soon and I have got a deal (not cheap, but I think good) at my local diveshop. The only part I don't know anything about is the regulator, suunto teno. After some time on the net I have figured out that it is the same as the Apeks TX100, is this correct? Has anyone any good/bad experiences with the teno. Can I get service from any Apeks service center?

Alot of questions when I have no experience what so ever from buying diving equipment, I hope that I can get some interesting answers on this board.

eod once bubbled...
Hi all.

I am planning to buy my first set of equipment soon and I have got a deal (not cheap, but I think good) at my local diveshop. The only part I don't know anything about is the regulator, suunto teno. After some time on the net I have figured out that it is the same as the Apeks TX100, is this correct? Has anyone any good/bad experiences with the teno. Can I get service from any Apeks service center?

Alot of questions when I have no experience what so ever from buying diving equipment, I hope that I can get some interesting answers on this board.

Suunto makes regs? That's news to me. I don't think their site even makes mention of it.

Where abouts in the world are you? Is this reg new or used?

KrisB once bubbled...

Suunto makes regs? That's news to me. I don't think their site even makes mention of it.

Where abouts in the world are you? Is this reg new or used?
I'm living in Sweden so maybe we get some strange things from our finnish neighbours. I haven't been able to find any info on the reg (or on the BCDs either) on Suuntos site, maybe they have stopped doing other things than computers/instruments. But the deal is for an unused regulator, may have been in the store for some time though.

never heard of the teno. however, the TX100 is fantastic and you will not regret your purchase. the DS4/TX50 is essentially the same and is slightly cheaper, so you might want to consider that as well. either way, you can't go wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom