Question Need suggestions on travel regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which Mares octo? The good news is they don't make a really low performing one like the Aqualung pancake octo. The only one that would be borderline for me would be the Instinct in which case I'd ask how much to upgrade to something better.

I'd also ask if they've adjusted the octo for the lower stock IP on the non-Mares first stage. It will still work if they didn't, but will breathe harder than necessary.
Mares octo will be either rover or sxs, our choice same price for both.

For Asia, we have some in Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Indonesia and probably a few others I can't think of right now. Product is also available on online sales portals in Asia as well. We have pretty good coverage in the region.
But how does someone find them?

If any of OP's local shops recognizes Deep6 and is willing to service them, then they would be an ideal choice. Cheaper than the used regs they are looking at without the risk.

If you have a mail in service center in China, like you do in the U.S. that would do the job as well, but I can't find that either.

I am a huge fan of the Deep6 regulators, but access to service is crucial. For people in the US, service or self service is readily available. Outside the US, service availability is less clear, unless you self service. OP did not sound like they were interested in self service.

But how does someone find them?

If any of OP's local shops recognizes Deep6 and is willing to service them, then they would be an ideal choice. Cheaper than the used regs they are looking at without the risk.

If you have a mail in service center in China, like you do in the U.S. that would do the job as well, but I can't find that either.

I am a huge fan of the Deep6 regulators, but access to service is crucial. For people in the US, service or self service is readily available. Outside the US, service availability is less clear, unless you self service. OP did not sound like they were interested in self service.
Our local shop doesn’t service deep 6, and I can’t find a lot of deep 6 on the second hand market which makes me assume parts and suppliers are not readily accessible. Can’t find retailer information as well

The base line Atomic Aquatics Z2 or Z3 is reliable, affordable and performs well. I think it is comparable to the ScubaPro Mk11 /C370 combo which is probably a similar price. There is a good chance that either will be still operating in ten years and service kits will be available. I think that having regulators emergency serviced while on vacation is kind of a myth. You will probably be somewhere rentals are available and that's how you probably will / should go if you have a failure. If you have your regulator properly serviced and checked out at home before a trip any serious failure is unlikely. You can probably get by with minor adjustments while away, at most.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom