New Titan or old Legend regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not remember the early Legend as having an ACD. Easy to tell though. Just remove the dust cap and ACD would be clearly visible.

It did. both flavors actually. Mine came with ACD but I changed it to non ACD.

IMG_8071.png

You can add ACD to a Titan if it has/you swap to RG911917 2013> body, I did, I like it. It's not something a shop would likely do for you but if anyone is interested I can get the parts required to do so. Ditto DIN conversion kits.

Thanks for the replies so far!
So I read that the Legend definitely has some advantages over the Titan, especially regarding water temperature.
I am currently still using the DIN Titan set, but let's say I'd be able to 'convert' both sets into a single set.
I personally prefer DIN over Yoke, though if the yoke 1st stage is really better/safer, I'm happy to use the yoke instead. Regarding the 2nd stages: is there an advantage to use the legend + titan as octopus over the standard yellow ones? Disadvantages maybe?

DIN is generally considered better (more secure) than yoke unless you have a hard time finding DIN compatible tanks.

Service kits are definitely available for both regs. Both are easy to service.

One thing to look for on early Legend second stages is the plastic purge covers. With long exposure to U V they sometimes would become brittle and disintegrate. The covers are NLA but the Titan LX (different from your Titan) covers are compatible if you can find them.

Titans in general are rock solid regs that I use for teaching. They are extremely dependable though few bells and whistles they just work day in day out. Sealed Legend first stage would be better choice for really cold conditions though.

I love the "tupperware" style Titan purge cover design. Easy to remove in the field and clear sand from your reg even if you're wearing gloves. Most other manufacturers are now designing second stages that are harder or impossible to field strip.

Thanks for the replies so far!
So I read that the Legend definitely has some advantages over the Titan, especially regarding water temperature.
I am currently still using the DIN Titan set, but let's say I'd be able to 'convert' both sets into a single set.
I personally prefer DIN over Yoke, though if the yoke 1st stage is really better/safer, I'm happy to use the yoke instead. Regarding the 2nd stages: is there an advantage to use the legend + titan as octopus over the standard yellow ones? Disadvantages maybe?
Your not going to gain anything by using the titan as an octopus over the yellow one. The difference between them is in the tuning. My recommendation, if possible, is to move the din fitting to the legend and use that for local diving. An move the yoke fitting to the titan set and use it for travel diving where din is rare.

Can I just swap those DIN and INT parts? I must admit that while I have disassembled , cleaned, adjusted and reassembled a few 2nds, I have not yet dared to do the 1sts.

I'd check the legend front cover (for disintegration possibility) and have first stage serviced before going into cold water.

You can swap DIN connector within the same brand. If you planned to do tech dive then you should get another AL DIN conversion kit .You need them both in DIN to go tech, or use it with your near future twinset.

DIN is generally considered better (more secure) than yoke unless you have a hard time finding DIN compatible tanks.

Service kits are definitely available for both regs. Both are easy to service.

One thing to look for on early Legend second stages is the plastic purge covers. With long exposure to U V they sometimes would become brittle and disintegrate. The covers are NLA but the Titan LX (different from your Titan) covers are compatible if you can find them.

Titans in general are rock solid regs that I use for teaching. They are extremely dependable though few bells and whistles they just work day in day out. Sealed Legend first stage would be better choice for really cold conditions though.

I love the "tupperware" style Titan purge cover design. Easy to remove in the field and clear sand from your reg even if you're wearing gloves. Most other manufacturers are now designing second stages that are harder or impossible to field strip.
The Legend LX purge cover can be replaced with RG911685 from Legend series 2002-2011.

Back
Top Bottom