First Regulator - Used or Budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Save harder? You did see I'm American, right? Soul crushing personal debt is the way forward.

I know it can be tough, but when I think back over the years at all the crap I've bought only to be replaced by quality gear, I realise that overall it would have been far cheaper to get it right the first time.

I know it can be tough, but when I think back over the years at all the crap I've bought only to be replaced by quality gear, I realise that overall it would have been far cheaper to get it right the first time.
With what?

When I started this craziness about 30 years ago I got a deal from the LDS on a Conshelf set newly back from recall. They worked very well, but then I was attracted by the next shiny thing, a NOS Conshelf XIV. I have been using it ever since. It’s become a little more challenging to get it serviced, but through this forum and connections with some older shops, I think I’ll be able to continue using it and the various other “obsolete” parts to make up 2 classic sets with the metal 1085 second stages. I should be able to use them until they shovel dirt in my face or bury me at sea!
🐸

Back
Top Bottom