New Titan or old Legend regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you mean that the Titan LX purge cover replaces the Legend purge cover (as I wrote).
Don't think so, unless I'm having comprehension issues, which is possible 🤔

IMG_8087.jpeg

IMG_8088.jpeg

Hi all. Went with both sets to the dive store and discussed with them on the sets and my future plans with them.

Conclusion: left the Legend there for service and at the same time build it to DIN. Will use that one here in the Netherlands as the main set.

The Titan I will use for holidays and warmer weather salt water dives.

I cannot directly answer your question, but I'll tell you my story.
I have an Aqualung Legend set which I bought in 2003.
It is an awesome reg, but as its closing to 20yrs, I think it's time for some new gear, even tho it works perfectly, Aqualung count them as discontinued, and as so, no more replacement parts (only the leftover, what you can buy from here and there)
There are many many older regs which are still used today and those are were beasts and built to last, but honestly, I can't tell they still build regs in the 00s to last, so for the comfort of my mind, i choose the replacement way.
If I were in the same shoes as you, I would choose the Titan, but if I had the luxury to keep both, I would do that till the Legend die. Mine are now starts to show its age by the purge button rubber getting cracky and such.
I'm the same. I have had my Titanium Legends for around 17 years now. They are still in mint condition, despite lots of use. I love them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom