Buying Regs-LDS vs, Internet, vs. "Gray Market"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awapSW is more damaging than FW in those places. Do not allow salt deposits to form and set on your regs. Do a good job of cleaning (soaking) your regs when you are finished the dive trip. .[/quote:
It is a critical point and tip for the reg. maintenance. If you follow this rule religiously, I have seen many SW regs survived more than two years without having any annual services.

In addition, there are many foctors to decide the cost of DIY, such as a number of regs., number of dives, etc.... I am serving my regs. by myself like awap because I can't afford 10 regs' service costs...:wink:

QUOTE=ScubaDivaDivemaster]Take a look around, compare prices. I have Atomic, which is much more expensive then you want to spend and you have to buy it at the dive shop to keep the warranty. The Aeris regs are great, and you can get some less expensive then the $1200 you were quoted. Check out the deals at crazyscuba.com. They are authorized dealers for their stuff.

I'm not sure if oly5050 is selling aqualung online or not, but it won't be warrantied if it is sold online. Personally I want a great warranty on my life support equipment! ACK!

C U underwater, :snorkel:
ScubaDivaDivemaster[/QUOTE]
fullly warrentied/...he is in NYC as I am and he would have to come to store..we assemble it,test in front of him,explain how to take care of it..not selling online..pm me if you want contact info..

oly5050user:
Personally I want a great warranty on my life support equipment! ACK!

I've never really understood what good that life support equipment warrenty is during an emergency situation. Obviously, if you come thru the emergency OK, it should save you a few bucks getting the fault fixed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom