Buying replacement for Mares Plana Avanti fin straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have to buy a replacement for my fin straps. I am considering this alixpress clone. What do you think, how can I make it sure they fit to my fins? How do you normally buy the fin straps replacement? If I want to buy original Mares products they are difficult to find and so expensive that it is almost cheaper to buy second hand fins and remove the straps...

1 Paia TENERE Accessori Nuoto Pinne IMMERSIONI Pinne Immersioni Regolabile Cinghie e Fibbia 3 Dimensioni Per La Scelta in 1 Paia TENERE Accessori Nuoto Pinne IMMERSIONI Pinne Immersioni Regolabile Cinghie e Fibbia 3 Dimensioni Per La Sceltada Pinne su AliExpress.com | Gruppo Alibaba

Pinna Mares con Cinghiolo Plana Avanti X3 Blu Extra Large dal 43 al 47

My fins are like these, Mares Plana Avanti X3

Mares Bungee Fin Straps

I also found this "Bungee" straps much more comfortable, but a bit expensive

I have been told that Seacsub sling straps are fully compatible with Mares fins and they cost a bit less
Does anybody use them? Are they good or not worth it?
Thanks
seacsub sling strap

That’s an idea. Mares Bungee are not spring straps but similar to. My problem is I don’t know exactly how to make sure spring straps are fully compatible with my fins. That is also why I prefer Mares even though there are cheaper options. Seacsub sling strap should be compatible and they cost half they are also ‘bungee’ that is not spring straps. But the only reason why I replace straps is I want them to give a safe lock and to be easy to lock while in water. I wouldn’t buy any strap if I am not 100% sure they are fully compatible

https://www.amazon.it/Seac-Sping-Cinghia-molla-pinne/dp/B00EAG1HE8/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅZÕÑ&dpID=41ND+4eHeKL&dpPl=1&keywords=molla+pinne&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&psc=1&qid=1523947757&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_3&sr=8-3&th=1

For example these spring straps (not "bungee") should be compatible with my fins, but not sure about it. The slot must match perfectly otherwise it doesn't make sense
The Mares version of the spring straps is much more expensive it is about 50 euros

Mares strap is a piece of S$%^ and expensive to replace.
When my Mares Avanti Quattro strap slapped, I replaced it with any cheap version I could put my hand on. Alternatively is DIY the bungee strap by using those cheap bungee strap with hooks available on any hard ware store.

Back
Top Bottom