Spring Fin Straps for Mares Quattro Avanti Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The new Mares Quatroes come stock with those exact bungie straps....
Yes they did come with them, tried springs but changed back to bungee.

Made by Mares specifically for the Quattro.

Also by Mares, but about 30 bucks more.

I use bungie cord from the hardware store secured with cable ties on my Quatroes, cost 5 bucks lasted 10 years so far.
Can you take a couple of pictures? I'm a DIY person and would like to see how you have it set up. "Back in the day" I made my first spring straps out of springs I ordered from McMaster -Carr, 3/4 inch wooden dowel rod, and braising rod from Home Depot...lol. I used them until I finally bought a set with machined aluminum barrels, then finally got some Delrin.

I have a pair of Mares Bungee Straps on my Quattros and love them.

Changed back to bungee straps for the diving I am doing .
I used them until one failed catastrophically without warning. Other is still working fine, but I have changed to springs.

I used them until one failed catastrophically without warning. Other is still working fine, but I have changed to springs.
That is my bungee strap story as well. Thankfully, I always carry spares and it was also only while at a pool.

Can you take a couple of pictures?
here is a pic of my homemade bungee fin strap, very easy, cut bungee to length pull tight around mushroom nob secure with a couple of cable ties. Could neaten up with a bit shrink wrap over the tag end and cable ties. These have been my Quatros for around 10 years, starting to wear a little on the underside.

BungeeFinStrap.jpg

I’ve used bungee from old style scubapro Seawing nova on those, you can usually find them used from broken nova’s
I wonder how you put the SP seawing bungee on Mares Avanti Quattro fin. Did you cut/remove the plastic tab around the button/post?

Attachments

• 27072826_10156312115427518_2795976218528967735_n.jpg
    27072826_10156312115427518_2795976218528967735_n.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 74
I wonder how you put the SP seawing bungee on Mares Avanti Quattro fin. Did you cut/remove the plastic tab around the button/post?
I would remove it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom