Resolution for Tight Fin Foot Pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Litefoot

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought a pair of XL Avanti Quattros for dry diving in my sneakers. I installed the bungee extenders which give them a perfect fit on the heel. The sneakers are a snug fit in the foot pocket. Not a big deal donning them, but they might be a challenge to doff in the water before exiting (sneaker against grabby rubber). I thought about a light lube in the foot pocket, but that might get gritty on a shore dive. Any thoughts?

I had to upsize all the way to super on my RK3s... The shape of the foot pocket and the shape of your rock shoes could be the culprit.

I had to upsize all the way to super on my RK3s... The shape of the foot pocket and the shape of your rock shoes could be the culprit.
Yeah, I might just go to the thrift store and get a different shaped boot/shoe.

Spray silicon on the inside of the foot pockets. Should last 4-5 days of diving.
@Altamira So this kind of spray?

IMG_1116.jpeg

I don't know what that foot looks like, but sometimes you also need to cut a hole in the toe to prevent a vacuum....

I don't know what that foot looks like, but sometimes you also need to cut a hole in the toe to prevent a vacuum....
That’s a good thought. I checked and there are drain holes at the bottom of the foot pocket. So maybe that’s enough to displace the air.

Spray silicon on the inside of the foot pockets. Should last 4-5 days of diving.
Wow what a great tip! My shoes now slide in and out faster than a man walking into a Tupperware party.

No point in reef safe sun tan lotion. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom