C-4040 with PT-010..Which strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IlikeItwetPls

Contributor
Reaction score
Just bought a PT010 and now need advise on a strobe, and a good place to purchase.:06:

Scubaboard is a fantastic place to gain knowledge about underwater photography. I have been a photographer for years, but uw photography is an art all unto itself....
Thanks,
Ronnie

I'd suggest either a Inon 180-D or a Sea & Sea YS90DX, I've used both on my PT-10/C-4040. I prefer the Inon because of the focusing light and the size.

As for where to purchase, Yuzo's UWDigital Camera and Ryan's Underwater Camera Pros are the two I use the most and can highly recommend either.

I'm also using the Inon D-180 and like it.

setup4.jpg

opticparts.jpg

WOW....thanks for the help, Gilligan and Dee. Gilligan, what's the dark tranparent patch over the flash? I assume it's to keep the on board flash from washing out the strobe???

Ronnie

Gilligan:
I'm also using the Inon D-180 and like it.

setup4.jpg

opticparts.jpg

ronnie22:
WOW....thanks for the help, Gilligan and Dee. Gilligan, what's the dark tranparent patch over the flash? I assume it's to keep the on board flash from washing out the strobe???

Ronnie

Disregard....I found the answer on your site. Blocks flash, but lets IR sensor through.

Ronnie

ronnie22:

Ronnie

Hey Gilligan,
What is this thing attached to the top of housing???

Not Gilligan but....

That's a shelf he added to hold the Digital Lens Dock that holds his wide angle lens.

I also use the Digital Lens Dock but I have mine mounted ON my strobe arm. Your imagination is the limit for places to mount one.

Dee:
Not Gilligan but....

That's a shelf he added to hold the Digital Lens Dock that holds his wide angle lens.

I also use the Digital Lens Dock but I have mine mounted ON my strobe arm. Your imagination is the limit for places to mount one.

Thanks Dee...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom