C-5050, My Mode- Excel Cheat Sheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azisme

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here is a spreadsheet that I put together. I listed all of the settings in the order that they are listed in on the camera menu. I hope the format of the spreadsheet will be of help to you in inputting your own settings. But please, take the actual settings I have listed with a grain of salt. I have not even had my rig underwater yet except for in a pool yesterday; and it was so bright I couldn't see the LCD screen and the natural light overpowered the strobe. With the settings I used, almost every picture was a whiteout! The settings I listed were pulled from information I read on this site.

As a matter of fact I would greatly appreciate any input on any tweaks to the settings you think I should start out with. I am leaving for San Carlos this Thursday. Conditions: I have heard the water is exceptionally clear right now and will be focusing mainly on macro and super macro shots at around 40'. Hopefully I will see a nudibranch or two. I am also planning on a night dive. Should I use different settings for that?

http://www.members.cox.net/azisme/MyModes.xls

Good job but at this point you know more about the My Modes than I do! I don't use them. I found that the settings just got me in the ballpark and I still had to adjust, so the My Modes is just a step I can do without.

Dee:
Good job but at this point you know more about the My Modes than I do! I don't use them. I found that the settings just got me in the ballpark and I still had to adjust, so the My Modes is just a step I can do without.
Yes I read an earlier post of yours stating your feelings about My Modes. But I think they will be very useful to me. Best example is going from taking pictures of dolphins on the boat, then trying to remember the best "start" settings to use underwater. Why not let the camera get you started on a base point, rather then having to start from scratch every time? When I had my 4040 I would seem to always forget to update one setting or another.

azisme:
Yes I read an earlier post of yours stating your feelings about My Modes. But I think they will be very useful to me. Best example is going from taking pictures of dolphins on the boat, then trying to remember the best "start" settings to use underwater. Why not let the camera get you started on a base point, rather then having to start from scratch every time? When I had my 4040 I would seem to always forget to update one setting or another.

That's a good argument. I guess I've been doing it long enough that I don't have a problem remembering a starting point. I have more trouble remembering which My Mode is what setting! :D

I find the my modes usefull as a starting point and I have also found that with time I am better at changing settings underwater. I do use manual mostly but found that if I put the camera in P mode and pointed it at the water and read what the camera wanted it would give me someplace to start in manual. If all that make sense to anyone?

Back
Top Bottom