C-cards are really useful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItsBruce

Contributor
Reaction score
I have found a new use for my C-card: When someone asks for photo ID, I offer my C-card. I'm amazed at how often it is accepted without question. I've only had two instances in which it was not adequate. Last Thursday, at the airport, TSA rejected it and wanted a government issued ID. (The airline check-in counter was fine with the C-card.) Also, my LDS does not accept my OW C-card for nitrox (so I use my nitrox card there). Beyond those two, everyone accepts the C-card as photo ID. Really gives one confidence.

The only c-card I carry with me in my wallet is my TDI Advanced Trimix card, but it has no photo as do some of the other agencies cards such as PADI or even DAN.....so I better keep my DL handy!!! :wink:

I have found another use for mine. When we stay in hotels, we use my c card in the air condioning slot, so that the air con is still working whilst we are out. The room is nice and cool when we get back. The c card is much safer than leaving a credit card in the slot.

Takes light ice off a car windshield too.

Some of the thinner cards make good o-ring picks for getting the o-ring out of the channel in my camera housing.

This was pointed out a perk of having a C-card way back in 1984 when I first got certified. And yes it just happent to be PADI. Neither NAUI or L.A. County include your picture on the card, nor do they issue an I.D. number below Divemaster level. Probably keeps the cost down.

This was pointed out a perk of having a C-card way back in 1984 when I first got certified. And yes it just happent to be PADI. Neither NAUI or L.A. County include your picture on the card, nor do they issue an I.D. number below Divemaster level. Probably keeps the cost down.

I met a NAUI Instructor a few weeks ago who told me that pictures are now optional on NAUI c-cards, it just depends on if the instructor sends it in with the application. I personally have never seen a NAUI card with a pic on it.

we use my c card in the air condioning slot, so that the air con is still working whilst we are out.

What the hell are you talking about? Air conditioners require credit cards now?

I met a NAUI Instructor a few weeks ago who told me that pictures are now optional on NAUI c-cards, it just depends on if the instructor sends it in with the application. I personally have never seen a NAUI card with a pic on it.

Pics have been optional on NAUI cards for many years. The reason it's not done very often as people change(age/gain wt, etc.) and other forms of ID with pics are available like drivers license. Think about how much change a 15 y.o. goes through in 5 or 6 yrs. I have c-cards from 2 agency's that are 30 yrs old and look quite different than I do today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom