C2 next Month with ZG in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I recall, there is nothing about marking conventions in the provided C2 materials. There is actually little or nothing about procedure, per se, in them, which is a shame because having it there would permit people to review it before the class.

As I recall, there is nothing about marking conventions in the provided C2 materials. There is actually little or nothing about procedure, per se, in them, which is a shame because having it there would permit people to review it before the class.

Its too situation specific to be in a book. The reality is all the permanent markings are pretty much completely irrelevant unless you are so hopelessly lost that you chose to follow them in desperation.

Cookies are used to reinforce your exit in the affirmative and are placed with that sole objective in mind. If my linked posts are confusing or you don't understand "reinforcing your exit" (good logic) vs. "negating an arrow" (bad logic) then you should be sure to discuss the << > marking with your instructor. There are examples you'll probably run into in Taj Maha (in class) as well as in Sac Aktun (probably not in class but you'll easily run into that on your own).

Realize that unlike FL caves where there are 100', 200', 300' arrrows all pointing to the sole exit from the system... On many C2 dives in MX you will only see ~6 arrows and 3 will point to your exit and 3 will point to 2 completely different exits.

I will certainly pay close attention to this during class!

I will certainly pay close attention to this during class!

You will do this via dry runs not in the classroom. Actually taking a marked jump but where the marker arrow(s) point the wrong way is another good one in addition to just passing over the << > situation but not leaving that line.

Just setup the lines & permanent markers between the trees every way you've heard or imagined and walk through it with Chris. You want to get the logic not memorize a specific circumstance. Feel free to blame me for any confusion :D

I'll be sure to mention your name! :wink:

Thanks again!

When I said "procedures", I was really referring more to things like moving the team across the line -- I've been taught three different ways to do it, and two of them were in GUE classes . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom