C5050 battery choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00scuba

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone tried the CR-V3 batteries with the C5050? I know they are not rechargeable, but are they worth the time you get out of them? I notice Olympus is selling them for $24.95 a pair...

If you can't recommend the CR-V3, what is a good alternative to the batteries/chargers supplied with the camera? 2100mah Ni-Cad's?

Thanks,

00scuba:
Has anyone tried the CR-V3 batteries with the C5050? I know they are not rechargeable, but are they worth the time you get out of them? I notice Olympus is selling them for $24.95 a pair...

If you can't recommend the CR-V3, what is a good alternative to the batteries/chargers supplied with the camera? 2100mah Ni-Cad's?

Thanks,

You will get a zillion pictures on them. I was blown away how long they lasted in my first C4000.

Then you throw them away.

And for a little more money to my man Rip you can get hundreds of times more pictures for a few more bucks. Get some 2100 or 2300 rechargables. His charger is the bomb, too. You'll never regret it.

K

$25 for a pair of non-rechargeable batteries? Yeah, I dunno about that. I just went with a set of 2100 Mah NiMH energizers. Sanyo makes some decent NiMHs. I'm sure if you looked around you can find a set for under $20.

I used them on a dive and they lasted about 150 pictures, then died. It wouldn't have bad, but they died in the middle of the 2nd dive. For the price, I would buy a couple of sets of 2200mha, 4 run $13.95 at Fryes here in Vegas. I carry 8 sets of rechargeables on trips and number the sets to make sure that they are charge the same number of times and charged together.

My wife uses 2000 mha rechargables while at home, but on the road she's taken to using the
non-rechargable lithium cells. They seem to last a very long time, and are very light to pack
(important these days with US airlines enforcing ever stricter weight restrictions, not to mention
unwelcome added attention from the TSA when you have "too many" batteries). On our last
trip to Bonaire she used two sets of the Energizer E2s for a week's worth of diving (~600 pictures)

YMMV - best -

gkn

I learned more than I ever thought I wanted to iknow about batteries ----> HERE

I used the Lithium batteries. They were nice and lasted about 250 pics but then they were gone. $25 to through away doesn't sound good to me.

I use PowerX 2100 NiMH batteries charged in a MAHA 204f smart charger. You can get the newest model of MAHA smart charger, with plug for cigarette lighter, up to 2 sets of PowerX 2200 batteries, free battery tester for various prices. Look ----> HERE.

Very affordable and dependable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom