C5060 Low Prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaaaronh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE C5060WZ AND PT-020 HOUSING.
cHECK OUT 17TH STREET PHOTO. i JUST BOUGHT MY C5060WZ FOR 489.00 AND HOUSING FOR 189.00

THEY ARE THE CHEAPEST I FOUND AND BUYING FROM THEM YOU GET A "usa" WARRANTY THEY ARE NOT GREY MARKET. mOST PLACES YOU BUY FROM OUT OF THE COUNTRY THE MANUFACTURE CAN REFUSE TO REPAIR YOUR EQUIPMENT UNDER WARRANTY BECAUSE IT DOESN'T CONTAIN A USA WARRANTY.

tHIS IS THE THIRD MAJOR PURCHASE I HAVE MADE WITH THEM AND HAVE BEEN TREATED RIGHT EVERY TIME. I ALSO HAVE OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS THAT HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM AND HAVE BEEN TO THEIR SHOP IN NEW YORK, AND HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. tHEY REALLY KNOW THEIR STUFF THERE.

I SHOPPED HARD FOR THE BEST US PRICE AND THAT WAS THE BEST I COULD FIND. mSOT OF THE OTHER WEB SITES THAT OFFER A LOW PRICE EITHER DIDN'T HAVE IT OR THEY WERE REMAN PRODUCTS AND NOT NEW SO BE CAREFULL. 17TH STREET IS ONLY NEW, NO REMAN ANYTHING, AND NO GREY MARKET.
http://www.17photo.com/
i THINK YOULL BE PLEASED. I HAD MINE IN TWO DAYS FROM THEM.

Just an FYI re quoted low prices thru 17th st camera...................

Reputable and reliable Helix Camera and video in Chicago,
www.helixcamera.com has a package which includes the Oly 5060, the Oly PT-020 UW housing, and the Oly 128 MB xD Picture card for $800. They also have a package that has all the above plus the WCON-07C WA Lens, the CLA-7 adapter ring, the PPO-02 UW housing for lens and an extra BLM-01 Li-ion battery, entire package for $1130.

i ADDED A UV LENSE DESSICANT PACKAGES EXTENDED WARRANTY CAM AND HOUSING EXPRESS 2ND SHIPPING AND IT WAS ONLY 746.00 OH PLUS A 256MB COMPACT FLASH CARD

Thanks for the info. Could you do me a favor? Please don't use all CAPS when you post, it's very hard on these old eyes!

scubaaaronh:
i ADDED A UV LENSE DESSICANT PACKAGES EXTENDED WARRANTY CAM AND HOUSING EXPRESS 2ND SHIPPING AND IT WAS ONLY 746.00 OH PLUS A 256MB COMPACT FLASH CARD

You were smart to get the extended warranty. 5060 seems to break a lot. Will the UV lense be any good underwater? Which compact flash brand did you get for 17th St? Some supposed to be better than others.

I am hesitating to buy the 5060 because of all the malfunction reports. Leaning towards Canon S60 which is cheaper too. I saw 5060 for around $476 including shipping and tax from well rated stores at shopping.com. What made you decide on this model?

Dee:
Thanks for the info. Could you do me a favor? Please don't use all CAPS when you post, it's very hard on these old eyes!
sure i have to use caps lock at work for unix and i forget sometimes.

Iwander:
You were smart to get the extended warranty. 5060 seems to break a lot. Will the UV lense be any good underwater? Which compact flash brand did you get for 17th St? Some supposed to be better than others.

I am hesitating to buy the 5060 because of all the malfunction reports. Leaning towards Canon S60 which is cheaper too. I saw 5060 for around $476 including shipping and tax from well rated stores at shopping.com. What made you decide on this model?

Some of the places offering that camera are refurbs for that money be careful on that or they are grey market which means you buy it without a usa warranty(no warranty). I didnt use the uv lense underwater i was told by the camera shop not to. I have heard about the reports and talked to oly on it they claim it was in thier older models and should be fixed if you buy from a source that turns over their stock. I have used 17th street alot and have had good results from them. As for why i bought it it was in my price range with the features i wanted and seen photos taken with one. the compact flash i bought was lexar i think. i did make one mistake my wife corrected me she ordered the compact flash from sams club for 34.00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom