cabo pulmo baja

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msdiver04

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got back from Baja California Sur, Mexico, and I have to recommend The Cabo Pulmo Resort in Cabo Pulmo. The diving was superb! My favorite since Sippidan, though I haven't done the Red Sea yet. Tons of fish, dove and snorkeled with a whale shark. The dive shop separates newbies and experienced divers, and they are fun, professional, and careful. If you haven't done the Sea of Cortez yet, I highly recommend it!

I stayed in East Cape area at Bueno Vista Beach resort. From what I hear it is a much nicer hotel than the one in Cabo Pulmo. It was very nice, friendly staff, go the meal plan for sure, and the ac worked great. We were in the rooms closest to the ocean and I would go for that...it was across from the pool and the dining area. It also had new ac units that were not window units like some of the ones closer to the entrance. The dive shop we used was Vista Sea Sports. They were on time, let us do our own profile, we dove at least an hour each site, and wanted to make us happy.
We were! We saw so much stuff. They should call that marine park..Pufferville.
So many different puffer fish...and kinds too. We saw 6 moray eels on one dive. Loads of fish and vis was great. We had temps from 84 to 86 degrees..Oct 15-17
We dove with a gal that had just been to La Paz and she said the vis was terrible there. She also had terrible things to say about club cantamar diving. She said they were dangerous and cattle boats. We were on 8 pax boats that were very comfortable for the 1 hr drive to the marine park.
I would love to have more info on the hotel you stayed at.
I plan on doing a dive group to the Sea next fall we had such a good experience.

How was the hotel. I heard it was very basic? I have some travel customers that are a little picky and dont like real basic accommodations. I heard they are on solar power is that true?

I Love diving the sea of cortez. It was so good that I decided to do the liveaboard for a week and we all had a fantastic time. Diving with the sea lions was the high light for me. They played with us and there were so many of them. This dive site was about 2 hr boat ride from La Paz so glad we did the liveaboard Solmar V. The boat, crew, dive sites were awesome. They radioed in for the arial plane and found the whale sharks and headed there too. We could only snorkle with them but for those never having done this they were so happy. My next group trip is Socorros off cabo again. This is the cocos or galapagos of Mexico. It is a fabulous trip with nothing but all the big stuff out there to see. Solmar V and Nautilus Explorer are the boats to do that one on.
We are going Dec 5, 2011! I have a year to go for that one!!!!!! Did it 2 years ago and think of that trip nearly every day! SHarks galore, dolphin, and mantas...all diving with them numerous times!
Message check out my photos!
www.affordbletrips.net

I dove Cabo Pulmo several months ago and it was a great experience.

Glad you had a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom