Cabo San Lucas trip report (longish)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm impressed. Your photos turned ot great.
My favorites:
King Angel
Bullseye Stingray
You and Karen!

RiverRat:
Nice report. Sounds like you had some great dives! Let's see some pics.....
What camera are you using?

Olympus C5050Z with the Olympus PT 015 housing - no strobe yet :(

Photos are now being posted in the "underwater photography" forum...

Cabo Photos

Natasha:
I'm impressed. Your photos turned ot great.
My favorites:
King Angel
Bullseye Stingray
You and Karen!

Thanks, Natasha, I will try to get some of those up here too... :biggrin: although I am not sure the Board needs to see Karen and me doing "rainbow shots", LOL :coke:!!

sapphire:
Olympus C5050Z with the Olympus PT 015 housing - no strobe yet :(

Photos are now being posted in the "underwater photography" forum...

Cabo Photos

Sapphire... I don't believe there is anything you left out of that trip report... Thanks, you did an excellent job... There is really nothing I can add other than a public THANK YOU for taking me along... Trips like that are always to short...
It was a fantastic trip all around! I would have to say, being a part of the Sea Lions feeding on the GIANT bait balls where the highlight of the diving for me... It was the most incredible thing to feel a part of, I can't even put it into words... I was simply awe struck and wished it didn't have to end...

And... I really have to start saving up my pennies and get me one of those camera setup like yours... My Reef Master point and shoot just doesn't cut it... One day! One day!

Oops! There were a few things I forgot to add.

The first one is for anyone headed to Cabo - there is a Costco there now so don't forget to bring your card... it would be a great place to stock up if you have a kitchenette or a refrigerator, like we did. We ended up going to "Sorianas" it is like a giant WalMart, with food, and saved lots of $$ by not having to eat breakfast out, buy beer and soda at the pool, etc.

And I wasn't complimentary enough about the service at Amigos Del Mar. They kept our gear for us at the shop, rinsed it each day and even washed the wetsuits with shampoo so they didn't build up that "special odor". That really saved us from hauling it back to the resort each day...

Also, while the taxis are pretty much fixed price, we could have opted for the water taxis which sometimes are a little more negotiable... and cheaper.

And for anyone considering what time of year to go... I know the diving is supposed to be better in the summer, but we had NO crowds. There was only one other paying customer with us on the dives... they are really slow in Cabo between our Thanksgiving and Christmas break, the first 2 weeks of December, basically... I loved the smaller crowds... even on the day the cruise ship was in town!

Great trip report!- Now I want to go to Cabo. What was the water temp, and what thickness of wetsuit did you wear?

mjnansen:
Great trip report!- Now I want to go to Cabo. What was the water temp, and what thickness of wetsuit did you wear?

The water temps ranged from 73 - 75 degrees. I know the water is a lot warmer in the summer. I wore a 3mm/5mm wetsuit with a 5mm hooded vest underneath. I was still a little cold, but not miserably so... I am kind of a wimp, though :ice:. Karen wore a 5mm, I think, with no hood and did not complain of the cold...

Sapphire,

Great report...thanks for sharing.

regards,

sapphire:
The water temps ranged from 73 - 75 degrees. I know the water is a lot warmer in the summer. I wore a 3mm/5mm wetsuit with a 5mm hooded vest underneath. I was still a little cold, but not miserably so... I am kind of a wimp, though :ice:. Karen wore a 5mm, I think, with no hood and did not complain of the cold...

She is correct... I wore a 5mm with no hood and was just perfect, never cold at all...
Karen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom