Cabo San Lucas trip report (longish)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Trip report Sapphire. I'm glad you and OHDiver had a good (and hopefully relaxing) time. Wonderful pictures as well. I especially liked the Bullseye Ray! :) I was surprised that the vis was that good. I wasn't aware that Cabo had decent diving.

Brian Gilpin:
Your report really got me revved. Heading that way myself Jan 9. After seeing your pictures I am inspired to bring a camera myself.

Definitely take your camera! You will have fun with it!

Nice to see a trip report for someplace other than Cozumel. How would you compare Pacific diving to Caribbean? I know its colder but how does it compare for fish life, etc. ?

Tim Ingersoll:
Nice to see a trip report for someplace other than Cozumel. How would you compare Pacific diving to Caribbean? I know its colder but how does it compare for fish life, etc. ?

I consider diving in Cabo San Lucas a great hybrid of Pacific and Caribbean diving. There is no kelp, but there are sea lions to play with :biggrin:, plus if you are lucky you get other pelagics. There are not the hard and soft corals like in the Caribbean, but there are still beautiful colors because of the sponges, gorgonians, etc. And I thought the fish life was abundant, and you get many, many species of tropically colored fish that you don't generally see in cold-water Pacific diving.

I still love the clarity of the Caribbean, but Cabo is a great alternative. I have not been to other spots in the Sea of Cortez, but perhaps Dr. Bill can add his experience here...

Thanks Jennifer (and Karen) for sharing your dive report. The pics are wonderful, and glad you included the rare Juvenile Green Sea Dragon!
Guess ya'll had a good time! Cool. Someday I hope to be able to dive there... your pics are so good, and enticing....

Nice report thanks. My Grilfriend Miriela and I will be diving cabo within two weeks time. I am pumped at the idea of getting wet in Cabo. We are looking to do Gordo Banks and Cabo Pulmo as well as some of the local sites. Underwater diversions has some nice packages. has any one dove with them before? Any tips on anyone other than amigos del mar (they are rather pricey). Thanks for the assist.

The Seahorse was just to the right of the sand falls, it's not very big, you've got to look real closely.

metaldector:
The Seahorse was just to the right of the sand falls, it's not very big, you've got to look real closely.

We did look for the seahorse on our last day and did not find it... but we did find two frogfish. They were nice!

Back
Top Bottom