Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metalmat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello friends!
I may be heading to cabo in the summer and was wondering if there were any good dive opps out there?? thanks in advance
Matt

I was very pleases with Manta Divers. My daughter did her first ocean dives on that trip(she was certified in a quarry, Dutch Springs). They were great with her. I did 6 dives she did 4 and we had a great time!

Hello divers. I have dove with all the shops in cabo.But i like Baja Dive the best. They have a 40 foot boat that has a full hard top and lots of room.The Dive masters speak English and are very good at there Job.also great rental gear and small groups 4 or 5 divers per Dive Master.
They are located in the Tesoro Los Cabos Resort on the Marina Boardwalk.They have been there 15 or so years.
www.baja-dive.net Or cooldiver2@yahoo.com

Hello divers. Baja Dive will give discounts. I Dive With Baja Dive because I always get great service and they have a big boat and arrange private tours with your own Dive Master.I like this because were not rushed and can custom plan a Dive thats right for our experence level.
www.baja-dive.net cooldiver2@yahoo.com

I use Amigos del Mar most times that I go to Cabo. They are located close to the Finisterra, Playa Grande and SolMar. They have their boat right on the docks close to the cruise ship pier and the Dolphin Experience. I would check out their website and email or call Kevin to ask RE a discount.

I'm planning my first diving vacation for July.

We've selected Cabo for various reasons. The Intercontinental Presidente was highly recommended, but after reading this post I'm interested in using Amigos del Mar or Manta for diving and the Presidente is about 20 miles away.

The girls will stay at the beach and I want to be sure the resort is a really nice place for them. My question is does anyone have experience with Finisterra or can you recommend something that's as nice as the Presidente and a little closer to Amigos / Manta?

Thanks in advance...

I have experience with Playa Grande (next door to Finesterra). It's a nice location because you don't really need a taxi or car to get around the town(Cab fares aren't cheap going from Cabo to the Corridor). The beach is private, but no swimming because of the current. Nice pool area to hang out at if your into baking in the sun. You can contact the resort and they will probably put you in a studio, or you can go to www.sellmytimesharenow.com(rental section) and rent from a timeshare owner a 1 or 2 bedroom at either the Resort or The Ridge(ridge will have view of marina) and save quite a bit of money.

My recommendation is the Ridge at Playa Grande. You can walk to Amigos del Mar (3-5 min) and the Main dock and Marina is another minute or two from there. Manta is located on the opposite side of the Marina(water taxi) by Medano beach, also known as No Gracious beach...lots of vendors...

Enjoy your stay wherever you end up staying...

I dove with Amigos del Mar in December 08 and even though it was not bad, I would hope that there are better shops out there. The boat we were on was in bad shape (taking water) and the DM was not very good (we took a class). The location was convenient though. Also I didn't like that the DM was touching the wild life (but that is just me).

Back
Top Bottom