Call him 'O' ring...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi kids!

Wanted to let all you cold water divers know that (GTXL1200) Ted and I had a good week in Islamorada this past week. Made 10 dives in four days in the warm (80 degree) water of the Keys.

No more 'old one dive' for Ted. He was ready and willing to make every dive, and was using less air than me in most of the dives. HOWEVER, Ted has a technique of attaching his first stage to an air bottle, that requires a new O ring EVERY TIME. Don't ask me what he is doing. When I attached the first stage for him, it was OK, but when he did it he needed an O ring change. I think we went through something around 5 new O rings in 10 dives. So from now on, I will fondly think of Ted as "O ring Ted".

You couldn't ask for a nicer guy to travel with, and dive with for a week. We had four good days, with warm sunny skies and flat calm at times. Made three dives on the wreck of the Eagle, all of them in a RIPPING current that made safety stops look like wash on the line on a windy spring day. Saw all kinds of great sea life. Nurse sharks, Eels, Barracuda, a tiny little Toad Fish (hope the photos of him come out!!!), Grouper, Tuna, all manner of reef fish, a large sting ray, several turtles and even some dolphins! I can't remember the last time I saw such varied sea life.

Pat and the guys at Ocean Quest were happy to work with us on any requests, and even sent the boat out with just Ted and I for a FOUR tank dive trip. We had the whole boat to ourselves from 9 am to 3 pm that day including a cold lunch on the water and made four great dives. Good skipper, great diving, and wonderful warm water and sunny skies.

I think next years GLWC Meet and Greet should be held at Islamorada!!!:D :D

Gotta love reading great dive storys!

Glad you enjoyed it and good to read about good times.

Im feeling this will be a good summer!

electricbear60625:
...I'll be right back...

Hey Tom, How often did Ted use that phrase on your trip? Or is that one he reserves just for when I'm around?

I heard all about it...he only does it around YOU!

His favorite line to me was "GO AWAY!" but after living in the same motel room with me for five nights and diving with me for four days, anyone would say that.....:D :D :D

Tractor Tom:

Awe, I feel special :D

Tractor Tom:

His favorite line to me was "GO AWAY!" but after living in the same motel room with me for five nights and diving with me for four days, anyone would say that.....:D :D :D

"Go away", hmmm you didn't see any rubber bands laying around afterward did you? In the trash can maybe :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
"Go away", hmmm you didn't see any rubber bands laying around afterward did you? In the trash can maybe :D
Ber :lilbunny:

He told me that he was going to 'stock up' on rubber bands when he got home. If you talk to old Ted, get him to tell you about me calling him a 'b***h' out by the motel pool! That's a good story....
:D :D :D :D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom