Calling all yak divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nah, never happen!

I got talked into taking in a rescue puppy so I'll need to get back home to let her out.

:dancingsnoopy: Totally off-topic, but YAY for you!!!!! What breed?:dancingsnoopy:

:dancingsnoopy: Totally off-topic, but YAY for you!!!!! What breed?:dancingsnoopy:

That's alright, I'm a totally off topic kinda person! :D Don't be makin' any kinda comments, Moteman.:no

She's just a mutt. Got shepard markings but she isn't very big. Only 36 lbs. I don't think she's gonna get much bigger. They took her from a crack house.

ok guys, see ya tomorrow. County park north of Sharkey'
s @1000. I'm bringing two tanks but we don't have to do two dives.

Well, I'm all packed & ready to go. I'll only be doing one tank though. I'm gonna have to ease this puppy into a 2 tank day.

Nizzy, Dkramer and I did one yak dive today from the county park north of Sharkey's.Viz was about 10-15 @20 FSW, water temp was 66-68F. No significant tooth finds to report. The barge working off the beach hauling the limestone blocks for the breakwater/abatement/artificial reef project is now working south of Sharkey's pier, but hauling from inside the jetties and shows little or no regard for dive flags. I witnessed it pass dangerously close to 4 dive flags, not to mention Dkramer's yak flying a dive flag.

Dana, OMIGOSH that is horrid but you are an angel!

Mike, that sounds so dangerous...thanks for the report. I hope they are done dredging by early summer.

I didn't see it because I was down under, but I guess Mote & Nizzy had to do some serious waving & yelling to get this guy's attention. They said he was headed right for my yak. I heard him though! I can tell you that I was hugging the bottom pretty good & thinking "whoever you are, GO AWAY!" You would think that a barge captain would know better. I mean, it's not like he's a tourist that rented a boat & doesn't know what a dive flag is.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom