Cam Bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone1004

Mr Speed Nuts
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I couldn't decide if this should go in repair or make, but I guess we're trying to fix something that broke. We have numerous cam bands where the webbing has just broke from 6 years of constant pool diving. The buckles are fine, but they need new webbing. Didn't know if any of you had tried this before.
Thanks

I have rebuilt cam bands using old style scubapro cam buckles and new webbing. I used metal weight keepers (tri-glides) in place of sewing on the webbing. They seem to work fine. And I attached velcro pieces where needed using neoprene cement to attach the velcro to the webbing.

And I'm about to start a thread. Making Scuba Tank From Compressed Tinfoil: because I have some.

And I'm about to start a thread. Making Scuba Tank From Compressed Tinfoil: because I have some.

If knowone has the knowhow, it could work. Do you think beer cans might work?

I think it is stupid to try and make your own tanks from compressed tinfoil unless... Everyone knows these tanks need too many rubber bands to make it practical. After all, rubber bands are expensive and will mess with the buoyancy requiring too much extra weight. I highly recommend duct tape covering the CTF (compressed tin foil). Duct tape is cheaper to use than rubber bands and has more resistance to sunlight. I definitely would not use it in the pool though because the chlorine breaks down the adhesive. For a little personal flair, consider using colored duct tape. Feel free to mix and match to suit your tastes.

:rofl3:

well that makes things much easier then. Screw sewing, will just do that then.

Depending on where you live go visit a cobbler. They can easily sew the webbing together. The problem with many metal triglides is that they are typically not stainless and will start rusting immediately.

Not if you make them out of aluminum beer cans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom