Cam Strap Buckles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taipeidiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi SB,

I recently bought a BP/W, unfortunately the cam buckles (tank straps) on the single tank adaptor were delivered unthreaded and I can't remember how to rethread them. Duh.

I did a search here for old threads, and another on Google, but turned up nothing.

Please could somebody give me the idiot's guide to threading these pesky buckles and save me the embarrassment of having my tank drop off my back?

Thanks,

Jason

Under the buckle, through the metal part,
Back through the middle slot,
Down through the bottom slot,
Now you are in the starting position.

Wet the strap.

Pull it tight, cam the buckle upright, put the end through the top slot, snap it down.
Make sure it lies flat against the tank, not on the rubber skid plate if there is one.
Put your hand on the buckle and try to move it. If it moves, re-tighten til it doesn't. Go diving

Here's an Aqualung BC manual that has a diagram in it, page 7
http://www.aqualung.de/de/technical/uk/bcom-uk.pdf
Hope that's useful,
Neil

These instructions are followed with the cam in your left hand and the loose strap in your right:

I will call the metal pieces that hold the cam to the strap the "goal posts"
Lay bc buckle side up on floor and extend cam holding buckle perpendicular to the bc. (This sets your goal posts in a vertical position)

Run the strap in your right hand between the goal posts.
There should be 3 slots in the buckle, run the strap through the center one.
Now run the strap through the slot directly above the goal posts and lay the goal posts down with their tops pointing to the left. This is the position the assembly should be in when you put it on your tank.

Now you can put it on the tank, tighten it and run the strap through the final slot.
If you are storing it and would like to run the strap through the final slot that will work but it isn't necessary.

Hope this helps!
Ber :lilbunny:

My cam strap buckles comes with tiny numbers on them. If that's the case for you, loop the tank strap through the holes 1-3-2-4.

Refer to the pictures I have attached.

Thanks guys, I'm stuck in the office right now (though I would definitely rather be diving) so will have a go at it tonight when I get home.

With your helpful suggestions I should be able to avoid punching a hole in the bottom of the boat with my tank when I stand up.

I'll let you know how it all goes...

Taipeidiver:
With your helpful suggestions I should be able to avoid punching a hole in the bottom of the boat with my tank when I stand up.

It's called "wreck diving" and a new wreck gets divers excited :11: It's a little awkward to dive the wreck of the boat that took you to the site but you should be able to finish the dive before the rescue team arrives :wink:

Good luck with your cam strap!

Taipeidiver:
Hi SB,

I recently bought a BP/W, unfortunately the cam buckles (tank straps) on the single tank adaptor were delivered unthreaded and I can't remember how to rethread them. Duh.

I did a search here for old threads, and another on Google, but turned up nothing.

Please could somebody give me the idiot's guide to threading these pesky buckles and save me the embarrassment of having my tank drop off my back?

Thanks,

Jason

of the actual cam. Dive Rite cams have this but I'm not sure if other do. Turn the cam so you are looking at it from a profile and you may see it enscribed into the metal or plastic.

Ber Rabbit:
It's called "wreck diving" and a new wreck gets divers excited :11: It's a little awkward to dive the wreck of the boat that took you to the site but you should be able to finish the dive before the rescue team arrives ;

In this case, with the other divers love you or hate you? :11ztongue

Hi SB,

I managed to get the straps all threaded up last night, the pictures posted by wunat were very helpful.

As zboss pointed out, the Diverite buckles do have the strap routing stamped onto the side of the cam, but I didn't check his post until this morning....doh!

The diagrams should also be helpful to any other mook out there that foolishly unthreads his cam buckle :wink:

Thanks everyone,

Jason

wunat:
In this case, with the other divers love you or hate you? :11ztongue

As long as it sinks slowly and they have time to gather their belongings and take them along on the dive they probably won't mind :wink: The OWNER of the boat, welllll, that's another story LOL!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom