Camcorders, Housings and Lights.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howard4113:
JVC WR-DV96 housing and GR-DVM76u camera / UK light cannon. Easy to transport - the camcorder is palm size. Simple to operate and great video. I love this system.

hi there
i have been thinking of using my UK light cannon as a video light, how have you mounted the light, i don't suppose you'd be able to post up any pictures
i was thinking of butchering the pistol grip handle and mounting that some how, also with the light cannon do you use colour filter, as mine gives a cold blue light that seems to drain colour
thanks
this is my sea & sea housing for a sony pc120
seaseavx-pc120.jpg

rubbachicken:

i was thinking of butchering the pistol grip handle and mounting that some how...
Ultralight Control Systems sells a mount for a UK Light Cannon. You can work something out using it, one of their short light arms and a clamp. Ultralight is at www.ulcs.com

Just remove the handle on your LC and replace it with this:

thankyou for that
have contacted them, already looking forward to seeing the difference it will make
thankyousign.gif

sjspeck:
Please post details about your video equipment and housing here. Also please describe what does and doesn't work well so others may learn what to use.

Sony TRV900 camcorder
Gates Diego housing
AUL halogen lights

Totally satisfied. After 3 yrs. I discovered the power of manual white balance. If you can afford it, a camcorder/housing with manual white balance is a very worthwhile feature.

Gates housing. Rock solid, no problems what so ever. Their multiport lens system is fantastic. You have the ability to switch the lens from flat to macro to wide underwater. You can buy this option up front or upgrade later.

AUL lights. Unfortunately the official company is no longer around. Some kind of legal battle going on. You can buy their lights, you just have to find them. I had a custom NIMH battery pack made up and combined it with an AUL canister and AUL halogen 100 watt video lamp/reflector. Works great, reasonable price, small canister, wide even beam, decent burn times and I can swith it on/off whenever I want.

Sony TRV 80
Ocean Images Housing
Video Suite 8

NO lights yet just gonna get it wet for the first time this month

Amphibico TR5N
Sony TR81

Old system, but it works. Will be taking it down south in Feb and hope I get some decent clips.

Sony TRV-38 MiniDV camcorder
Sony Marinepak housing (old school, borrowed from a friend)
Sea&Sea Video Light (old school, borrowed from a friend)

I plan to buy this year

* A Silverfish housing with built in LCD
* Two Sea&Sea LX55 video light
* Suitable arms, etc.

Yener :crafty:

Sony DSR-PD 170
Amphibico PD-170 Housing + Amphibico color monitor
2 Pro Arc HID Switchable 35/50 Watt from Amphibico

Very very satisfied with camera and housing but that is a lot of equipment to carry specialy when I carry another PD-170 for topside shooting. Nothing is perfect
Lights are very powerfull (almost too much) when shooting close-ups.

Gryphon3:
Sony DSR-PD 170
Amphibico PD-170 Housing + Amphibico color monitor
2 Pro Arc HID Switchable 35/50 Watt from Amphibico

Very very satisfied with camera and housing but that is a lot of equipment to carry specialy when I carry another PD-170 for topside shooting. Nothing is perfect
Lights are very powerfull (almost too much) when shooting close-ups.

Why do you carry two cameras? As insurance if one fails?

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom