Camera Bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HaleyMarie

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
how trustable is a camera bag
like an Aquapac Waterproof SLR camera case with a hard lense?

I have a $500 camera I'd like to put in this, for an upcoming trip to Cozumel. :crafty:

It will depend on how you are planning to use it. It should protect your camera in a wet environment but personally I would not use it in the water.

I've never tried one but I personally wouldn't trust it either. I also recall reading that once you get deep enough the pressure on the soft part of the "case" presses all the buttons on the camera making it inoperable anyway. No idea if this is true but it sounds logical.

how trustable is a camera bag
like an Aquapac Waterproof SLR camera case with a hard lense?

I have a $500 camera I'd like to put in this, for an upcoming trip to Cozumel. :crafty:

The typical "shallow" dives on Cozumel are 60 ft....and first dives are 100+ ft.

I'm not sure a bag is the optimal solution with that kind of pressure.

:idk:

As new as you are to scuba, the bag might be okay for keeping the camera dry on the boat - but don't take it in the water. You need to focus on learning a potentially dangerous sport, doing the dives safely, saving your buddy if needed, and such.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom