Camera Selection???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

golferguy91

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
i was looking at the sealife dc 800 and the dc1000 and had controverisal reviews... such as bad camera lens and just constant problems with them... i can spend up to $900 for a complete set up... such as camera housing strobe and tray... should i buy the sealife??? what do yall recomend instead????

I'd also recommend a topside camera and housing but I find in a compact point and shoot that Fuji's cameras and housings are a better performer at their price points. I suggest looking at the Fuji f series I have an F50fd and it take great shots. Canon, Nikon and Olympus although fine cameras tend to be more expensive. A lot depends on the features you'll want.

I use a Sealife strobe and really like it now that made a few changes to the mount. The customer service is top notch from the company. If I had to do it over I would look hard at the Sealife cameras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom