Camp Delaney Training Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg D.

Contributor
Reaction score
Last weekend we had a joint training with the Sheriffs Reserves, Posse, and SAR.

The first day was mostly classroom, search techniques and crime scene recognition and preservation. then we went out to the lake and practiced line tending skills, ran some search patterns, got a new member acquainted with dive gear and procedure. This was about the only training useful of the day. We had a poor showing for the training 4 out of the twenty or so on the roster. Still some repercussions form the big I QUIT fiasco. All in all a fun day its nice to get together with other people in the SO and share Ideas and stories.

Later that night it was time for a few hefeweizens lagers and sleep :D

The scenario went like this.

A family reunion at Deep lake. The ex husband of a woman at the reunion didn't like her new boyfriend and decided that he was gonna kick his *** and pick up his(the ex husbands)kids. He does just that and takes off with the kids. 911 is called and a Deputy is dispatched, he gets on scene and calls for a supervisor, the sup gets on scene and calls out SAR and the Posse. SAR finds the kids meanwhile the family starts to get agitated and hostile to wards law enforcement, posse is called for crowd control. Upon debriefing the kids we learn that their dad was really upset and jumps in the lake... never comes up. Call the boat get the dive gear! get a last seen point from the boys and a searching we will go!

All went as planned until th recovery, totally my fault but here is my excuse :D Being the training officer I wanted things to be a surprise so with out any help from the team I went out and placed the "body". (We picked up and old resuca Annie type doll from the goodwill to be our training dummy) well I took a look at shore and a GPS reading but... I should have had someone on shore to verify last seen point. I started us about 100yrds up from where we should have been and you guessed it found NOTHING! Make a long story short I got the GPS and put us in the right place and bingo there she is ..wait weren't we looking for a guy?

Anyway so good lessons learned for all especially the Training officer!!

Moral of the story: Don't screw up cause the whole team will enjoy giving you a bad time :D

Greg D.:
Last weekend we had a joint training with the Sheriffs Reserves, Posse, and SAR.

The first day was mostly classroom, search techniques and crime scene recognition and preservation. then we went out to the lake and practiced line tending skills, ran some search patterns, got a new member acquainted with dive gear and procedure. This was about the only training useful of the day. We had a poor showing for the training 4 out of the twenty or so on the roster. Still some repercussions form the big I QUIT fiasco. All in all a fun day its nice to get together with other people in the SO and share Ideas and stories.

Later that night it was time for a few hefeweizens lagers and sleep :D

You rat, That's my brew. When I first read this I thought you said SHEEP instead of sleep. :D
The scenario went like this.

A family reunion at Deep lake. The ex husband of a woman at the reunion didn't like her new boyfriend and decided that he was gonna kick his *** and pick up his(the ex husbands)kids. He does just that and takes off with the kids. 911 is called and a Deputy is dispatched, he gets on scene and calls for a supervisor, the sup gets on scene and calls out SAR and the Posse. SAR finds the kids meanwhile the family starts to get agitated and hostile to wards law enforcement, posse is called for crowd control. Upon debriefing the kids we learn that their dad was really upset and jumps in the lake... never comes up. Call the boat get the dive gear! get a last seen point from the boys and a searching we will go!

All went as planned until th recovery, totally my fault but here is my excuse :D Being the training officer I wanted things to be a surprise so with out any help from the team I went out and placed the "body". (We picked up and old resuca Annie type doll from the goodwill to be our training dummy) well I took a look at shore and a GPS reading but... I should have had someone on shore to verify last seen point. I started us about 100yrds up from where we should have been and you guessed it found NOTHING! Make a long story short I got the GPS and put us in the right place and bingo there she is ..wait weren't we looking for a guy?

Anyway so good lessons learned for all especially the Training officer!!

Moral of the story: Don't screw up cause the whole team will enjoy giving you a bad time :D Not just your team :D

Glad you had a good one.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom