Can a high quality drysuit be had for close to $1K?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco, you touched on some big points with that post. First you mentioned varied diving environments. I like that the Whites Fusion is handling these different locales well for you. Second you mentioned the versatility of the suit which is very attractive. Lastly this suit is not only in my price range but I can possibly stand to pick up a little something extra as well. In your opinion does the suit travel well? About how much does it weigh?

Many thanks to everyone for all of the great info!

True, I bring my fusion with me to Mexico for cave diving, to Egypt for tec/rec diving and my trips to the west coast. I either bring different undergarments and/or skins.

The sport skin is the cheapest and lightest, I guess weighs around as much as a 3mm full suit. Without the SLT system it packs super small and dries very fast. Drawback, no pockets, so if you can do without great or a get a pair of pocket shorts. Unmatched flexibility.

The tec skin is the most versatile, still light, drys quick, has pockets and is 1mm neoprene so a bit warmer. Excellent flexibility.

The bullet skin is the "bulletproof" skin. Big pockets for tech, reinforced areas for durability but heavier, warmer, dries slow. Really good flexibility.

My Avatar is my bullet skin, shows the "expand ability" of the suit. I've used them in my rental fleet for years as they fit so many sizes I only need a few.

If you are used to a traditional suit then you have to relearn a new way to put one on, if it's your first then it's a non issue.

DRIS can let you know about the options that you may or may not want/need. Excellent support.

Last edited:
I got really lucky with my Dive Right 905 which I paid $500 for on Craigslist. I was ready to buy a brand new suit until I found the one I use now.

deco, the only Fusion I'm seeing on DRIS for $750 is the "women's cut". Am I not looking at the correct one?

I just checked as well, looks like they've sold out, whites was just bought out by AquaLung which are the new fusions ($1200?). There are a couple of used fusions for $1000. Pm mike from DRIS or call, I'm sure they can do something for you.

I did find this though, the new fusion one, back zip, $999 cdn so $700 US.
Whites Fusion One Drysuit sold online in Canada

Last edited:
Apparently AquaLung/Whites decided to turn over their "demo" suits and DRIS bought them all. I managed to get a Fusion Bullet with silicone wrists and neck, fully leak-tested, for a great price. I demo'd an identical suit at an AquaLung event last summer, and as far as I know I ended up buying that exact suit. I don't know how many demo suits Mike snagged and could turn-around at bargain prices, but those were special opportunities while they lasted.

+1 to Mike at DRIS for spending lots of time on the phone with me offering advice and info about the pros and cons of different dry suits. Fantastic customer service.

Give a call quick...we always have stuff :wink: I have lots of choices and options, just pick up the phone or PM me (phone is always the easiest for drysuit talk)
Fusion One Backzip Drysuit

Don, I'm dying over here....what if you really did buy the suit you demo'd....LOL, how funny!!!

Jay, I laugh at your Avatar everytime I see you post. I love it! We actually have a promo video from when Rich worked here where he did the Fusion walk all blown up like that, it's always a great laugh!!!

I'll give a call to pick your brain this weekend. Again, many thanks to everyone for the abundance of solid info!

Give a call quick...we always have stuff :wink: I have lots of choices and options, just pick up the phone or PM me (phone is always the easiest for drysuit talk)
Fusion One Backzip Drysuit

Don, I'm dying over here....what if you really did buy the suit you demo'd....LOL, how funny!!!

Jay, I laugh at your Avatar everytime I see you post. I love it! We actually have a promo video from when Rich worked here where he did the Fusion walk all blown up like that, it's always a great laugh!!!
Thanks Mike, I do it every OW course, everyone gets a good laugh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom