Can Light For Me Lights be trusted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1100 USD? For the lower model? I don’t need the best light but I would like a good can light that will get me to the start of tech diving training.

I’m definitely not spending 1100.....yet.

$1100 for the base model yes. They go up to $2k for the big primaries. This light will last you through all of your tech diving though. Despite being the "base" model in output, it is still one of the best lights on the market. If you aren't ready to spend that kind of money yet, then just use backup lights for now. They have more than enough burn time and light output for OW tech training. Hell I use Cave Adventurers Explorer lights on almost all of my OW stuff and a lot of small cave dives, and I have a 3500 lumen UWLD.

I don't like the NW7 lighthead. It's to big and I don't need so much lumen. I'm using the 4 tec lighthead. The 4 tec lighthead has 2 modes, I'm using the mode with the lowest output. It's enough for cave and techdiving for me (and my buddy's).

I don't like the light for me canister. Just buy a simple canister. It would be easier to replace the battery.

The prize of the light for me 4 tec head with EO cord is 300 gbp or something like that. The price of a focus lighthead is 1036 gbp and a flare lighthead is 732 gbp. I think costumer service of halcyon is much better then light for me. But I can buy a second light for me lighthead and it is still cheaper than a halcyon lighthead.

I'm using the light for me lighthead for 3 years now without problems.

Light for me 4 tech lighthead in lowest output mode used by the diver right. I'm not sure what light the other diver is using, I think a 18 watt hid. Location Croatia MTB655, june 2018, depth 50 meters.

ibhqpe.jpg

Light for me 4 tech lighthead in lowest output mode used by the diver in the right. I'm not sure what light the diver in the middle is using, I think a 18 watt hid. Location, Mexico, Nohoch, okt2018.

2v31zed.jpg

There are better products with better costumer service. But the light for me ligthhead is good enough for me.Maybe halcyon is cheaper in other country's, but for me it is not worth it paying 2 or 3 times as much for a lighthead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom