Can someone explain this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

URSA78244

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, So I've been talking to a LDS here in San Antonio and asked them if they were looking for help. Not only did they say yes, but So does their web site. I scheduled an appointment, took the time to generate a Diving resume, fought traffic, and showed up. I sat there for half an hour, answered questions and met the managers of both of their stores. Would you believe that they told me after the interview that they weren't actually looking for someone, they just wanted to meet me. Why waste my time with an interview if you are considering new employees? Someone help me with this...

URS,

I am sorry to hear of your bad and confusing job interview. Lots of things going on in the job market today that are just plain wrong. The extreme numbers of capable unemployed individuals on the street today is mind boggling. We are reaching almost 30% unemployed in some of our cities. LOTS of games being played these days. I have noticed recruiters continuing job ads long after the jobs are filled. The purpose, to collect hundreds of thousands of resumes. I am hearing that placing a job ad will put 1000 resumes on your desk tomorrow. (your LDS may have done this to get contact information on divers, lets give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they did not do this) Pay rates are dropping like a rock and raises in many companies are non existant.

In your case it sounds like a lame reason was given because something needed to be hidden.

Sorry that happened to you.

I hope things work out for you. They have a way of doing that, ya know.

Remember ... there will be excellent dives in the future!

Yeah, tough luck. You probably wouldn't want to work for folks that acted like that, anyway. I wish you the best in the future.

Another possibility is that they are always on the lookout for the perfect match. Always interviewing applicants in the event that someone will so blow their sock off that they just have to hire them.

Or they were just being polite, actually did need help, but didn't like the OP. :D

Ok, So I've been talking to a LDS here in San Antonio and asked them if they were looking for help. Not only did they say yes, but So does their web site. I scheduled an appointment, took the time to generate a Diving resume, fought traffic, and showed up. I sat there for half an hour, answered questions and met the managers of both of their stores. Would you believe that they told me after the interview that they weren't actually looking for someone, they just wanted to meet me. Why waste my time with an interview if you are considering new employees? Someone help me with this...

If they also fill boat charters reserve a spot and don't show up. If they call to inquire about your absence tell them you just wanted to see if their reservation system was up to snuff. :D

... they weren't actually looking for someone, they just wanted to meet me. ...

Just a cowardly way of telling you that you were not what they were looking for. Move on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom