can someone recommend a so-cal shop??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianM

Contributor
Reaction score
My friend and I are going to be diving on the Ocean Odyssey out to Cortez this Friday and we are driving down to San Diego from San Jose area. My friend needs a lobster bag and I am hoping to find a freediving floatline somewhere... Can someone point us to a good dive shop that is on the way and would have a good selection of freediving/spearfishing items? I imagine most shops would have lobster bags, but I am hoping to find a good float w/flag and possibly a poly floatline like a Rob Allen type. Also, if there is a shop down there that has an E8-119 or 130 in stock I know he is looking for one...otherwise he is going to borrow one of my OMS LP125's and I will make sure he will get teased on the boat for that!!!
Thanks in advance!!!

Brian M

I don't know about what's stocked in the shops in the San Diego area, but if you're taking the 101 route, I've bought a lot of freediving gear at Blue Water Hunter in Santa Barbara. Worth a visit if you're into freediving.

They also stock scuba gear, but you can pick that up at tons of other shops -- I'm sure others will be along with ideas.

Serenity:
Here's one in Hermosa Beach, off of PCH:

http://www.freediveshop.com/

Wow!! I am glad I asked... Thanks Serenity, I had no idea Roger had a retail store. I have an item I need to send him for warranty repair and I keep forgetting to send it, so that would be the perfect time to drop it off!!

Thanks to Frank too, I will take a look at Blue Water as well...it all depends on how quick we get out of town, and what is still open by the time we get there.

Thanks!!

BrianM:
Wow!! I am glad I asked... Thanks Serenity, I had no idea Roger had a retail store. I have an item I need to send him for warranty repair and I keep forgetting to send it, so that would be the perfect time to drop it off!!...

Call them before you drive down to make sure they are still open. I see the signage is still up, but it had that "closed" appearance last time I drove by. It's just up the street from my house. If I pass by today, I'll stop and let you know.

Once when I talked to Roger about stopping by his shop in Hermosa, he asked when I planned on coming by -- I got the impression it was sort of a "by appointment" arrangement.

Either that or Blue Water Hunter would be good for freediving gear ....

If you're in San Diego, Ocean Enterprises. I believe they're having a big sale this weekend (starts friday I believe). Right off the freeway easy to get to for first timers. Have a great trip and please let give us a dive report afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom