Can wetsuits be hemmed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are only planning on vacation diving and warm water shallow snorkeling/scuba I would recommend that you check out the Lavacore line, esp. the pants and long sleeve hooded shirt. It is a cross between a dive skin and a 2mm wetsuit. If you get the scuba bug later in life you can use it for layering. I dive year round up here and have the whole Lavacore line. I use it for layering over the wetsuit and under the drysuit and love it. It is slow drying in the tropics though.

If you need to shorten legs (I.E. you are a short for your weight or fat), you can just cut them short. All you really need is to stitch the edge so it does not fray. If you have someone with the proper sewing machine and skill, it will look as good as new. If you DIY and just use a hand needle, it will look like DIY, but function fine. Same for repairs, I have fixed numerous spit seams and such over the years (I grow in width, not height and stress some seams).

I'm short at any weight :)

like I said in my first post, I have a machine that easily handles neoprene, so it would only be semi DIY looking.

However, I'm looking more into the Lycra skin suit plus shorty option. Sounds way more comfortable /versatile. Just need to look at temps more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom