Can you help me id this dive site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freeflyer

Reaction score
Several years ago, before I ever got into diving, I read an article about a dive that captured my imagination. I no longer have that article, but I can give you a brief synopsis.

The dive was in Papua New Guinea, it was a night, wreck dive. They dived down to a wreck and worked there way inside to a large room. There they turned off all their lights and waited until their eyes were accustomed to the dark, when they could see all the bioluminescent fish/algae. Floating in the warm water he said it was like being in the middle of a galaxy of stars.

I now live in the region (Brunei, Borneo) and would like to try and find out what the dive was so that I might look into diving it. If anyone thinks they might know where it is, I'd be grateful for any guidance.

Thanks,

Justin.

This can be true of any night dive on a wreck. I did this same thing on many wrecks I have dove at night.

You do not have to go to Papua for that.

Try and arrange a night Cement wreck dive with Borneo Divers in Labuan. They do not dive everyday, only certain days now.

Actually, that bio stuff can be seen on most night dives in Brunei, Miri and Labuan. Turn off the light and wave your hand around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom