Cancun, 6/21 - 6/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spratman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ben Mooney of Mayan Aqua Dives is fantastic. We got our Advanced Open Water with him - the dives were great and he spent a lot of time going over advanced skills both out and in water. I would highly recommend Mayan Aqua Dives / Ben Mooney. I am sure you'll have fun. It will be a little hot though!!

JW is nice. We really enjoyed staying there. Ben Mooney of Mayan Aqua Dive did a pickup/drop to JW.

The infinity pool at JW is great. I thought the restaurant outside by the pool was a not great food, but the restaurant inside had excellent menu options. Even room service was great.

Overall, the service was phenomenal -- and I spend about 150 nights a year on the road in hotels from US to Europe to Asia.

Glad to hear you had a great time! JW?

Did you get downtown for any meals? We usually try once or twice. Also, as it turns out, I'm not going down during this time period. Airfare went from $399 roundtrip to $500 each way. I'll try for something later in the year....

Sorry, mate....

I am staying at the barcelo tucancun from 18-25 june. How far is your resort from there? Any dive chartrs you reccomend from there. I heard bad news about aqua divers so i need all the help and reccomendations i can get. lol

Steve

Look no further! Mayan Aqua Dive offers Cancun Diving, Snorkeling, Cavern Diving, Cozumel Dives&PADI Courses. You'll want to drop a line to Ben Mooney, the owner. He's a great guy, awesome op, fast boat and excellent staff. It doesn't state your dive level, but beginner to cave, he can accomodate it.

Sorry, but I had to cancel my trip because of airfare. It would have cost my son and I as much as four of us traveling last year. Couldn't justify it. Not to worry though, I'm sure there will be others diving with Ben as well. We always have a great time with his crew. When you go out on a night dive, just tell Ulysses the chupacabra are out, especially during a full moon....:D

You cannot go wrong with Mayan Aqua Dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom