Cancun C58 Wreck Dive - Seeking Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No matter what shop you go with, be sure to pay special attention to the pre-dive briefing. The guide (all dives in the area are done in guided groups) will explain special techniques & procedures to follow when dealing with strong current at the site. It's a pretty cool dive so enjoy!

I just dive the c-58 this week with Scorpio divers. Great dive! The current that day was almost nonexistent so easy assent and decent. One section of the wreck you can penetrate And explore while the other, larger, section you cannot unless properly trained on overhead environments. Saw several large fish and eagle rays. I did some video of the dive that I'll put together when I get home.

We've done the C55 and C58 with Alvaro from AlwaysDiving. They're great dives, but it's true they can have a fair bit of current. You can duck behind the wrecks and use them to block the currents, for the most part. Then follow the line back up. You'll look like a flag in a stiff breeze hanging off the line, but it's really not difficult. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom