cancun diving is it worth it????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will second Wet Wendy's!

DSCN0200.jpg

Hello mismnr, Diving in Cancun has always been underrated.
It is just different than Cozumel. As you know in Cozumel the majestic coral that develops at the edge of the walls is breathtaking so is the depth and visibility.
Just like edge of wall diving, there are different types of dives or call them theme dives, like Cavern diving.

Cancun has different types of dives, there are several coral reef wall formations at 55ft to 58ft depth. There are Wreck dives at 75ft depth.
There are nice shallow coral dives 33ft and the Underwater museum 33ft.

Many divers dive Cancun and come back for many years, many divers dove Cancun once and did not like it and are used to diving Cozumel.

It is a matter of opinion.
If you have require any information about Cancun and for you to see some photos, click on the web site and shoot me an email or a PM. Our dive services are private and personalized in Cancun dives even if only 1 diver.
Take care and happy diving.

Hi,

I am currently looking into a dive trip for next summer, probably the first 10-11 days of July. I am looking into going to Cozumel but your post intrigue me. I am trying to understand the difference between Cancun and Cozumel diving in general. Give you a little background for myself. I have been diving since 1993, my first dive trip after certification is to Cozumel, since it's so long ago, I don't remember much except drift diving, lots of swim thru, lots of big friendly green moray hug the DM. Since then, I have dove the Bahamas, Belize, Cayman, Roatan, T&C many times but haven't return to Cozumel.

So if you don't mind, can you tell me the difference between the 2 locations? Also is Cancun diving similar to Cayman or Belize?

My son is now 14 AOW certified with 66 dives (2 liveaboard dive trip to Bahamas and Belize mostly) and my daughter just got certified in the cold Canadian water and she's 12.

I am looking to do 7 days of 2 tank day dives + 3-4 night dives during our stay and of course the whale shark snorkel (I believe July is in season?). What is the price range we are looking at, thanks

Danny,

Cancun shops ( we only recommend Solo Buceo - solobuceo.com ) offer whale shark trips, bulls shark encounters, sailfish bait balls, and cenotes, some trips season-dependent. Remember

My girlfriend and I have used the Solo Buceo in the Dreams resort and are going back this Wednesday to dive with them again....great people and great dive sites....We are also going to Cozumel in April but it will be our first trip there, so I cant compare the 2 dive sites .I have heard though that Coz is a bit better

Hello misdmnr, my name is Álvaro González, I´ve been teaching and conducting divers in this area of México for over 32 years, definetely Cancún diving is surpricingly worth it, the reef structures are smaller than the ones you see in Cozumel, however you´ll see much more sea life concentrated on reefs, we do have a couple of wrecks with many spotted eagle rays, you´ll love it, take a look here Wreck Dive | AlwaysDiving.com - YouTube we are located on the hotel zone at Embarcadero Caribbean Carnaval, Km. 6.5, we do have the EXPERIENCE to make you spend a great experience. Check about us on here Always Diving & Water Sports - Cancun - Reviews of Always Diving & Water Sports - TripAdvisor
We will be more than gladd to take care of you with your dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom