Cancun or Cozumel in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rev579

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey, I'm new to the the board, but have been following it for a while now. We are planning a trip to Cancun or Cozumel in August. The oil spill killed our trip to Orange Beach. After looking at the options out there, I know there are far too many choices.
I usually book places after doing a bit of research, but right now I feel kinda like I'm at it late in the game.

My dad and I will be diving, while my wife and mom will do the beach/pool thing with our kids during our dives. We will all do some snorkeling.

I would love to get the names of some dive shops for both.

For what it's worth, I'm still holding out for a better deal on air and/or lodging.

Thanks!

Hey, I just got back from Cozumel and posted some pictures. I dove with Scuba Mau, great dive shop with nice people. small groups, great price and they take you where you want to go! You can look them up on TripAdvisor.com (I always use it to scout out stuff for vacation) or their web site is
Scuba Mau Cozumel

=) There were two guys diving with me from Texas, they said they got a great package deal, all inclusive (flight, hotel, food, booze) for $650 each, so keep searching!

Last edited:
Since you are looking at diving and bringing your family I would recommend Cozumel over Cancun.

I may not be qualified to give that opinion since I have never been to Cancun, but it seems like more of a party central/Spring Break destination.

Cozumel is a nice lazy/laid back island. The white sand beaches are beautiful and the scuba is World known. I think everyone would really enjoy Cozumel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom