Canister Light Cable Strain Relief

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cnidae

Reaction score
I've been looking at all the manufactures for liquid tight strain reliefs and can't find any that are rated for over 140psi. What is everyone using?

Thanks

That will only be good to 300'. I need something that will be ok up to 500'. Thanks for the link.

this may be a stupid question, but do you just run the wire, or does the wire need to be in a conduit? Is it a special type of wire?

Just wire. Usually 2 conductor. It doesn't need to be special, although I would use something beefy.

Go to the Sealcon website, get their phone number, call them and ask if they have something that will work. They have chrome plated brass fittings, like the ones Halcyon uses, that may be rated to a higher PSI. The 150 PSI fittings are only plastic.

Scott

Here's mine,
It's a slicone rubber grommet and slips ring , in a machined nest with brass screw.

It's tested to 750 psi.

Mike D

halcyon doesnt use a chrome plated brass fitting nor a sealcon they use a stainless version of the 50¢ hardware store brass tubing fitting and oring gland that they used to use and that most homebuilder and AUL use

however they didnt swtich to ss because anyting was wrong with the brass they just wanted something prettier

Padipro once bubbled...
Go to the Sealcon website, get their phone number, call them and ask if they have something that will work. They have chrome plated brass fittings, like the ones Halcyon uses, that may be rated to a higher PSI. The 150 PSI fittings are only plastic.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom