canister lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaveMD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So you have the back up lights, any plans to start making canister lights too? :D

Can't wait to see themHID/LED? was able to check out the New Hog Back-up and it was nice light. Compared it with the Penetrator 220. It was a brighter light However did not have as tight a beam, it seemed more spread out. But for the Price it is a great back-up.

Also if you create some Canister's have you decided which battery to go with. Nimh or Li-ion? I like one of the other Manufactures that actually went ahead with new Technology and started using the Li-ion they are better battery's and suffer no memory issues also will last longer however do have an increase with price.

Good luck with the lights looking forward to seeing them

Can't wait to see themHID/LED? was able to check out the New Hog Back-up and it was nice light. Compared it with the Penetrator 220. It was a brighter light However did not have as tight a beam, it seemed more spread out. But for the Price it is a great back-up.

Also if you create some Canister's have you decided which battery to go with. Nimh or Li-ion? I like one of the other Manufactures that actually went ahead with new Technology and started using the Li-ion they are better battery's and suffer no memory issues also will last longer however do have an increase with price.

Good luck with the lights looking forward to seeing them

NiMh in a 21 watt BS HID with 9 amp battery

Li-ion in my opinon is a better battery, It can be made it a smaller a lighter size with more power the Nimh. The Newer technology in the Nimh rarely suffer from memory loss but they are still prone but again it is rare with the newer ones. Where as the Li-ion batteries are not affected by this at all. and on average ofcourse everything is dependent on situation but the Li-ion batteries I believe can be on average cycled between 150-200 times more then Nimh. I do not have the chart in front of me But the Newer Nimh's average somewhere between 750-850 cyclles and Li-ion were 1000-1100 cycles. Again just basing off battery info I have read.

I believe do to this was one of the reason one of the other Big Manufactures of lights switched to Li-ion battery packs instead of staying with the Nimh. Also then there is Li-po batteries which can go even farther and made smaller actually to pretty much any shape and put more power at equivivalent but at a greater increase in price.

Like I said just my opinon I still bought a canister knowing this but only cause the deal was too good to pass up. Had the price been equal I would have went with other brand.

Now I'm really happy I didn't go ahead and buy that secondhand 10W Salvo a couple of days ago!!!!

Any time frame??

What does BS stand for (in this instance?)

Fixed or focusable???

Me, Excited????? :eyebrow:

NiMh in a 21 watt BS HID with 9 amp battery

Brite star bulb.

I choose NiMhbecause it offers great value (see a recurring theme?:wink:) is well proven and I like the fact it isn't explosive when mixed with sea water.

Brite star bulb.

I choose NiMhbecause it offers great value (see a recurring theme?:wink:) is well proven and I like the fact it isn't explosive when mixed with sea water.

Now that's a pretty good plus right there!

I like the idea of a can light, I really do.

I'm still asking politely for a 3C backup light. I'm sure the one that's out now is very nice, but those of us that need thick gloves (or dry gloves) may have a difficult time operating a 3AAA or even 3AA light. The 3C gives us a beefier light that's easier to hold on to.

This is true the Nimh does come in at a better Price point, which in turn should make your can lights an even better price. Cant wait to see, You did mention it will the light come with hard goodman handle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom