Cannister Light for U/W Photography?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it possible for your buddy to carry the HID for you? You could work out the signals necessary for you to direct the lighting.

As for blown shots with too much light perhaps setting try using spot metering as opposed to matrix metering - or even dialing in some negative exposure compensation. Distance from light souce to subject could be varied as well.

Good points Uncle Pug. My hubby/buddy is not into U/W photography and I try to be careful not to ask too much of him so it impacts his enjoyment of the dive. He has been quite helpful so far as he does carry the light for me.

What makes things hard is that the things I am trying to capture are often secretive and at the back of very narrow ledges often with a lot of particulate. I think when I get the new camera I will need to find something static and practice with the settings and torch.

The camera I have been using hasn't got the capacity to control those issues. I think once I get the new camera I will have a steep learning curve. Excellent information for me :worship: The signals make sense as well.

I have been getting some decent shots with the old camera.. but there is so much more I could learn and do!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom