cannister light question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beachhead:
1st, I new here.

2nd, I'm also in the market for an HID light.

It's the first time I've heard of Salvo and Greenforce. I always thought that Halcyon was the only way to go for DIR light. I visited both sites. SALVO ain't that really cheap too. Where do I get prices for greenforce? The website says i could only call......Greenforce stuff look nice. Are they more pricy than Halcyon and Salvo???
The words 'HID' and 'cheap' shouldn't ever be used in the same breath. If you want a good light, then you are going to have to pay for it. Green Force is the most expensive. They are not like any of the others. I like their sealed canister design. Less stuff to break. You are probably not going to find them on the internet, and you will probably not be able to get much of a discount on them anywhere. Divers Supply is selling Green Force now. Call the Doraville store and talk to Susan. She can get you the best deal.

I have the 10W Salvo that I got from Sink or swim Scuba Hunter991 on here that is the best Light of all the ones I looked @

snorkl:
are there any other brands that you would recommend? Is the difference in wattage that noticable?

I have the Sea Elite 10W HID. It's as good as any of the other 10W HID's on the market. It also costs a lot less. It's made by Salvo.

dlent:
I have the Sea Elite 10W HID. It's as good as any of the other 10W HID's on the market. It also costs a lot less. It's made by Salvo.
It's a good light, from what I've heard. There are a few small differences compared to the actual Salvo 10w lights, and the warranty coverage is not nearly as good. It's a good, [relatively] inexpensive way to get into HID, however.

dlent:
The beam on the Sea-Elite lights is, if I recall, 12º or 13º. Very wide for signaling.

That is true. Salvo makes a fixed six degree head light for those looking for an affordable light. The Divers supply light has a fixed 12 degree head, which is a pretty wide pattern for most uses.

Brent

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom