Canon A720IS or Sony DSCW90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am trying to decide between these two cameras - primarily for land camera use buy may purchase an underwater housing for them (currently use an Oly 5050 with Inon strobe).
I'm weighing size of the sony vs. 6x zoom on Canon and canon uses AA batteries - but is bigger, etc.
Price is pretty much the same.
Anyone have suggestions that may sway me one way or the other?

Thanks.

I am a long time Sony user and lover, having said that if you were going to use it for UW I would have recommended the Canon. Now above water I believe my Sony kicks butt because of it's size and convience. It's not a DSLR but it holds it own with much larger Point and Shoots. You can go to my home page (bottom for most recent) for many examples with a Sony DSC-P150.

I really like my Canon A720IS with Canon housing. Took 700 pics and 20 min. of video on my trip to St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. Used a 4GB high speed (Class 6) A-data SD card and flash diffuser. Used internal flash only, with no strobes. Nice camera!

I really like my Canon A720IS with Canon housing. Took 700 pics and 20 min. of video on my trip to St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. Used a 4GB high speed (Class 6) A-data SD card and flash diffuser. Used internal flash only, with no strobes. Nice camera!

Do you have them downloaded anywhere, would like to see them.........

I am trying to decide between these two cameras - primarily for land camera use buy may purchase an underwater housing for them (currently use an Oly 5050 with Inon strobe).
I'm weighing size of the sony vs. 6x zoom on Canon and canon uses AA batteries - but is bigger, etc.
Price is pretty much the same.
Anyone have suggestions that may sway me one way or the other?

Thanks.

I think Susan6868(here on SB) had a sony digital, talk to her about it......She has recently purchased a 720, if I'm not mistaken......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom