Canon G-10 lens error/reset camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sooke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
My G-10 just crapped out and the lens is fully extended the screen shows the dreaded "Lens error/reset camera" and camera will not operate. I went through all the basic simple steps to unlock the lens but it looks like I need to have a tech open and repair the camera. Anyone know where I could send the camera for repair work? :eyebrow: I've used the camera constantly for 6 years flawlessly until now. Probably used it on 275 dives. Any comments will be appreciated.

Any resolution as of yet? From what I read on DPreview.com, it is usually debris stopping the lens retraction. Some there have suggested blowing it out with a can of compressed air normally used to clean computers, etc. Others say this may introduce moisture...........If you have access to much lower than the intermediate pressure of 140 psi--give it a try.

Yes, tried the compressed air. No joy. Now I'm looking for a place where I can have the camera repaired or swapped with a reconditioned G-10.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom