Canon G10 Housing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The housing has just gone into production but we are still waiting on some parts required to complete them. These parts aren't expected until the end of November, so unfortunately a housing won't be ready in time for your trip.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

Are you still exploring macro options for the G10 housing?

Thx,
Chris

Hi Jean,

Much appreciated for the updates on what is happening with this housing & its options.

Certainly, there are many of us who are very very concerned about the adaptability of the housing with add on lenses.

In the end, the 28mm wide angle on the camera is no comparison to a 110degree or 165degree on the INON dome & wide lense....Eventhough i'm not sure what angle is 28mm in degrees!

The macro lense option is not as important w/ the high MGpixel on the camera & 1cm focus.

However, personally, w/o the option for add on wide angle for the G10 housing would certainly break the upgrade for me!! ....so yes, please keep us posted....Thanks

Hello,

I'am manager of Dyron brand we are specialized in acccessories and lenses for underwater photo and video housing.
We have good news: we have developed wide angle and special port for G10 ikelite housing.:D

Actually it's impossible to use wide angle because all the wide angle of the market (Ikelite, Epoque, Inon) can't be used without vignetting, that's why Ikelite put a port without M67 on this housing. :no:

The only one wide angle possible for now on this housing is Dyron WA24-M67, the result is around 24mm without any vignetting without any deformations or aberations the angle is around 85°, the picture is 100% perfect. :D
The macro is also possible on this port with any macro lenses M67.

Hope Ikelite will be interesting by this unique product. :)

Good dives, good pictures.

Last edited:
In the end, the 28mm wide angle on the camera is no comparison to a 110degree or 165degree on the INON dome & wide lense....Eventhough i'm not sure what angle is 28mm in degrees!

Hello, i must inform you about physical transformation under water for 28mm lenses put in flat port you must multiplicate by 1.3 so the 28mm on the flat port become 36.5mm so you are really far the 110° or 165° because 36.5mm is arround 55°.

Can you tell me if the G10 housing will be shipping this week? Pre-ordered one from Joe at Scubatoys so just waiting for it to ship. Just wondering, not that i am anxious or anything. :~)

We also just received our G10 yesterday, and have started evaluating it for a housing. As long as there are no major changes in their TTL we should be able to go into production by the end of the month.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite

Posted via Mobile Device

As of Dec. 4, the #6146.10 housing will not begin shipping until after Dec. 12th.

Unfortunately not this week as we're still waiting on some parts to come in. Our current target date to start shipping is Dec. 5, though that's still subject to change.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite

Last edited:
Hello,

The only one wide angle possible for now on this housing is Dyron WA24-M67, the result is around 24mm without any vignetting without any deformations or aberations the angle is around 85°, the picture is 100% perfect. :D
The macro is also possible on this port with any macro lenses M67.

I wouldn't say that 24mm/85° is overly wide!

If I was looking to purchase a top end point and shoot right now, I'd be forgetting the G10 and grabbing a G9 while there's still some available, and having a very good look at the Patima housing (as much as I loved my old Ike housing, these look even more impressive). There's a nice review of them in the latest UWP magazine: http://www.uwpmag.com/

Back
Top Bottom