Canon G15 w/Inon UWL-S100-ZM80 pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Here's the closest I can get to a "wreck" shot right now...F2.8-1/200-ISO100...ambient light...about 7-10ft away

***The dome is on hold since I am shelling out $$$ for my IDC so maybe in a few weeks I can post pics with the dome unit***

OOC
g15birdcageooc_zps17237f5c.jpg

WB adjusted in Canon DPP
g15birdcage_zpsd700cf2f.jpg

other shots with strobes (2 x YS-02)

carnationcorona2_zpsc332c297.jpg

clarksanemonefish_zps2dee47d6.jpg

goats_zps95a9ca1f.jpg

buoy2_zps519309bb.jpg

tomatoclose_zps42b75529.jpg

fan_zps355d03f9.jpg

coralcloseup_zps76fdd6ea.jpg

probably should've tried higher ISO @ F8....next time. i'd like to try the dome but it will be a bit of a wait.

well, it looks like i will be testing the dome out here soon (time permitting from IDC, of course)...the wife bought me the dome today. should be here friday :)

try an ambient light shot in program mode the camera should select 1/60 and a decent aperture/iso combination
or orce the ISO to 200 that is still good with the G15

let me know how the dome does, i picked up a G15 about a week ago and havent decided 100% on which case i want. it really comes down to which lens i want.
i want to be able to switch from macro to wide underwater, and mainly working with macro or close up photography.
i just upgraded from the sealife dc1400 pro, i love the camera but i want manual settings.
i need to sell the sealife to fund my housing moneys :p

I will be selling my almost new canon housing when I get back from Roatan. It will come with a spare o-ring as well.

Unfortunately the nauticam housing won't be here before I leave but at least I'll have it for my June trip!

consider me interested :wink:...dome didn't get in today so here are some lens only shots from today:

lionwall_zps75422caf.jpg

fancrinoidsandadam_zps083d1fec.jpg

crinoidcorona_zps62c44c21.jpg

fanandsun_zps99730901.jpg

softcoral_zps085891b7.jpg

skunkanemonefishcurl_zps149a4d61.jpg

Really nice shots,

As for the wreck photo that you mentioned earlier, you definitely don't need a higher ISO to make that picture look even better, just a wide angle lens to be able to get closer to the wreck, thereby reducing the blurriness of the image and making it nice and sharp.

An ISO 100 will be fine in 7 ft of water or even 80. If you get digital burnout at the top of the image as you are so shallow, just use your camera's EV minus if you are shooting in Programme or Aperture Priority mode, or increase the shutter speed in Manual Mode which you did before.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

Maria

"Offering tailor-made personal tips, books & DVDS"

My first ever guest who I helped with their compact camera just scooped Stan Waterman's "Best Video Award" at Beneath the Sea and there's 18 more who've won prizes too .....

www.oceanvisions.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom