Inon wide angle & macro lens for Canon G15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terryb

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
what does everyone think of the Inon system for the G15 OEM housing? I'm looking at:
Inon UWL-S100 ZM80 with
IN-4562121437081 -- Inon Dome Lens Unit II

and

Inon Macro UCL-165M67
Inon M67 Lens Adapter Base DC48

Is there a better system out there? Do you know of any issues with this system?

Thanks,

what does everyone think of the Inon system for the G15 OEM housing? I'm looking at:
Inon UWL-S100 ZM80 with
IN-4562121437081 -- Inon Dome Lens Unit II

and

Inon Macro UCL-165M67
Inon M67 Lens Adapter Base DC48

Is there a better system out there? Do you know of any issues with this system?

Thanks,

I've used the Macro lens (x2 stacked) and like them a lot. I purchased the second lens specifically for the philippines and you really need to be close to the subject. Not use if that was the same adaptor or not, but mine was essentially a piece of delrin plastic with tapped threads...A bit overpriced at 90$ if you ask me.

Found this post looking for some input on the wide angle lens options for the g15 OEM housing. Did you purchase one yet?

No not bought anything as yet. Still looking, also looking at a tray system with strobes to add. Not sure yet if it would be best just to upgrade the housing. What system do you have to attach your wet lens to the G15 Cannon housing?

The whole bit with the tiny thumbscrew was not very convenient if I wanted to shoot something besides macro. Long story short - I designed some parts and 3D printed them and want a more robust design. So I bought a hobby mill and converted it over to a 3 axis CNC. The parts in red are my custom made peices (the lens cap is 3d printed too :))

I'm in the processing of finding a cheaper method of making adapters so I can have separate ones for macro and wide angle lenses. The plastic seems to cross thread pretty easily and I don't want to risk swapping lenses and ruining my expensive plastic piece...

g15-lens.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom