Canon G15 w/Inon UWL-S100-ZM80 pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really nice shots,

As for the wreck photo that you mentioned earlier, you definitely don't need a higher ISO to make that picture look even better, just a wide angle lens to be able to get closer to the wreck, thereby reducing the blurriness of the image and making it nice and sharp.

An ISO 100 will be fine in 7 ft of water or even 80. If you get digital burnout at the top of the image as you are so shallow, just use your camera's EV minus if you are shooting in Programme or Aperture Priority mode, or increase the shutter speed in Manual Mode which you did before.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.

Maria

"Offering tailor-made personal tips, books & DVDS"

My first ever guest who I helped with their compact camera just scooped Stan Waterman's "Best Video Award" at Beneath the Sea and there's 18 more who've won prizes too .....

www.oceanvisions.co.uk

Thank you, Maria.

Hi Chile... keep those lovely pics coming. I really liked the 3rd one down!

If you're shooting manual with the oem housing, how are you changing f-stop and shutter speed during the dive without the front dial? My g10 didn't have a front dial and changing settings was done differently on it.

Right now I'm leaning towards simply shooting Tv or Av on this trip with pre-set c1 and c2 to move between my favorite macro and reef settings.

for manual, i hold the shortcut button down while using the left/right and up/down arrows to change aperture/shutter speed. i still haven't set my C1/C2 settings...been meaning to but keep forgetting.

Got back from Roatan and hope to get a few pics posted later today or tomorrw. AF is faster on this camera than on the G10... fast enough for me to get off a quick pic of an eel just before it tried to attack me and my housing.

Eels were on the aggressive side there this trip.... two dives on two different days and had two different eels going after my housing!!

Had C1 set for reef shots and C! for close up / macro. Finally started shooting with my strobe in manual mode towards the end of the trip and found it to be a lot less of a hassle than I thought it would me. :)

Why Nauticam over the Canon housing? Did you shoot these with the G15? I've been looking and considering buying it because it seems to have some nice advanced functions basic point-and-shoots don't. My only hesitation is the relatively low MP as compared to some other cameras.

all shot with the G15. the MPs are comparable to the S100/110, XZ1/2, LX7/5, etc. the RX100 is a different beast altogether.

Here's a quick pic I took of one of the eels that came at me on the last day of diving. My friend began banging on my tank to get my attention... as I looked up I saw the eel coming towards me and quickly held my camera up to get the shot.

Attachments

• eel attack.jpg
    eel attack.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 175
for manual, i hold the shortcut button down while using the left/right and up/down arrows to change aperture/shutter speed. i still haven't set my C1/C2 settings...been meaning to but keep forgetting.

I set C1 for fish and reef and C2 for close up and macro. Very easy to set up and even easier to just turn the knob to switch between the different settings quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom