Canon G9 & Inon Z240

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard H

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've just bought an Inon Z240, it is my first strobe. I'm using a fibre optic cable and canon WP dc 21 housing BTW. I have a few questions and I'd be super grateful for any replies.

1. How far from the subject would you have to be to need to use full strobe power with a -1.5 diffuser attached i.e. when would you recommend to switch to full strobe power ?

2. Do I need to completely block the internal flash on my camera to avoid backscatter ?

3. As I have a fibre optic connection I will never use the synch cord connection but do I still need to examine the O ring to make sure I don't get a flood ?

4. I will be almost exclusively taking macro shots (but would like to try and photograph from a little distance using full strobe power). I intend to just use STTL (probably set to low as I'm macro photographing using the red sticker on my focus light), ISO 100, AV mode F8, macro setting, exposure setting on the camera's flash set at 0, custom white balance (will test underwater using a white board), centre weighted metering. Will that be OK as a decent start or do I need to make some further calibration / adjustments to the camera / strobe i.e. to the EV controller?

Thanks so much for your help,

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom