Canon HF200 WPV1 video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20doctor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
this is a video i just got done shooting with the Zeikos wide angle lens.. it also has a macro lens... I also used for the first time a Magenta Lens to filter out the green of Puget sound washington... In the Beg of the film the camera Picks up the inside of the filter in the top left of the video.. I am going to switch the Lens out to a 74mm rather than have it on the 67mm inside of the Housing
I am praising this lens for all of you canon WP owners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy2ywmdNbRo

lens info here
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-videography/274087-canon-wp-v1-housing-23.html

Last edited:
Looks very good, can you, please explain what you meant(I am almost ready to buy same lens):

I am going to switch the Lens out to a 74mm rather than have it on the 67mm inside of the Housing

And what filter you are using ?

Yes.. The filter I bought is 67mm and screws directly onto the WP housing threads.. The the Wide angle goes over it.. I am going to switch the Magenta lens to the Outside threads of the 72mm wide angle .. I will post pics when I get the larger filter

H20doc - these videos are great. I live in the area (Seattle) but have not been in the local cold waters since my certification dives - your videos almost are enough to tempt me to brave the chill. :)

But seriously....I also have a Canon HF200, but haven't used it underwater yet. I have a trip coming up (to warm water :wink: ) and I'm looking for lighting options.

What kind of lighting setup are you using with your HF200 + WPV1?

For settings, are you using "underwater mode"? How are you dealing with white balance?

Any other HF200 video tips welcomed. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a Fisheye FIX LED 500 DX Underwater Video & Focus Light. This thing is relatively cheap and uses 8 AA battery (very common and can use recharge batteries). It comes with a handle that you can attach so it can be used as a regular light as well. Several different settings to include a setting that blinks the light incase you are introuble or need to get someones attention. I use this light with an ultralight arm and tray. This is all attached to my Wp-V1 and HF200. It works great. I recommend that you use a red filter with no light in shallow water. If you go below 70 feet or use close macro then remove the filter and use the light. Also, I use P mode with AWB. My videos have come out great. In my opionion if you are not going real deap in blue water the filter is much more important then the light.

i have a green filter for my camera set up... its Magenta .. but sometimes i like to see the green cast of puget sound ..

Any advice which filter exactly to buy and where ?

I bought a Tiffen FL-D 67mm , it goes on the front lens Before my Wide angle ... Its a common filter on Ebay , I paid 10.00 bucks for mine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom