canon t2i housing at a discount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voodoomagic5

Reaction score
i am newly certified and looking to purchase housing and lens for my canon t2i. upon researching, housing is SO expensive! i was wondering if they ever went on sale (ie: christmas time). thanks.

Last edited:
Housings, ports, domes, strobes are all expensive.

I do have two great packages with T2i housings with very special pricing. These are limited to two each.

Sea & Sea RDX-550D Complete Package - Only $2599

_DSC2528.jpg

Includes:

* Sea & Sea RDX-550D Housing
* Sea & Sea RDX Flat Port
* Sea & Sea Zoom Gear for 18-55mm and 60mm Macro lenses
* Sea & Sea YS-01 D-TTL Strobe
* 10Bar Fiber Optic Sync Cord
* Optical Ocean Dual DSLR Tray & Handles
* Big Blue FF 1x5AF Focus Light
* Optical Ocean Sales Arm Set (1 ea - 6”, 4” & 3 clamps)
* Upgrades and substitutions available! Ask for pricing.

Nauticam NA-550D Complete Package
$3599 - Like getting a free strobe!

_DSC2400.jpg

(note: port shown is for illustration only)

Package Includes:

* Nauticam NA-550D Housing
* Nauticam Compact Port base
* Nauticam Compact Port 15
* Nauticam Zoom Gear for 18-55mm kit lens
* Nauticam Lanyard & housing Mounting Balls Kit
* Sea & Sea YS-01 D-TTL Strobe
* 10Bar Fiber Optic Sync Cord
* Big Blue FF 1x5AF Focus Light
* Optical Ocean Sales Arm Set (1 ea - 6”, 4” & 3 clamps)
* Upgrades and substitutions available! Ask for pricing.

Special for SB members: Free ground shipping in the US!

Jack

Shooting any DSLR setup is going to be expensive. Buying used on Scubaboard and Wetpixel, and maybe ebay, can save some money though. You have a great camera for UW photos. I have a T2I in the Sea&Sea housing and I love it. You must commit to spending about three times the price of the camera for a starter setup. Not many used housings for the T2I yet.

This stuff is expensive, crazy expensive.
1) Research plenty and make sure you know what lens you want to use. In hindsight I should have just spent the extra couple bucks and gotten the 8" dome port instead of the base dome. I think once I get the 8" dome I will never use the base...so wasted cash
2) Make sure you are VERY comfortable with bouyancy. It's tricky to shoot photos and stay bouyant at the same time. Doubly hard if you have any kind of current. You don't want to be bouncing off things.

Also - you said you are newly certified. Make sure you are in love with diving, and photography. If not you could easily spend close to $10,000 between training, standard dive gear, and photo dive gear for something you may not do very often or quit after a while.

With that - welcome to the club - :)

i would love to get the aquatica housing and tokina 10-17 lens with whatever port necessary. the biggest reason that i want to get a dslr setup is for my shark cage trip to guadalupe next season. i live in nyc and prob wont dive much unless i go on vacation which would be twice a yr tops.

ideally, i can rent housing and lens but i havent found anyone that rents it for a decent price. :(

We have a barely used Sea & Sea RDX housing for sale right now that will save you some money. If you are looking for new Aquatica, we have great package deals.

Back
Top Bottom